• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message on attempting to add images to LR CC: "Cancelled worker thread requests cannot be restarted:-query"

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not the faintest idea, even as a native English speaker, what this error message means or is trying to tell me.

The outcome is that images which I have attempted to add to Lightroom CC, are not added.

Support staff were supposed to call me at 1800 GMT this evening. That didn't happen. Chat kept me hanging indefinitely without anyone ever appearing on the other end of the "chat". Is it time to call it a day with Adobe, or is there someone out there who knows what is going on here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Have you received any answer from Adobe yet? I've been having the same problem today, but everything was working properly on Sunday. I would really appreciate it if you could let me know once you hear back from Adobe. I'll write an e-mail as well, but I am ouside the US so a phone call would be rather complicated.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have still not received any response of any sort from Adobe. I suspect they are totally inundated by complaints and queries on their latest suites' failings across differing platforms and do not have sufficient staff to cope. Their Chat "support"  kept me hanging about indefinitely to thep oint I gave up waiting. It is a complete disgrace given the charges they are levying for the use of their software.

I used alternative software on a trial basis, called Zoner Photo Studios. IF you get to a point you cannot take any more of this lack of support, you could try them - they were very attentive to technical enquiries...

I did notice however this evening that when I attempted to add photos to Lightroom CC, the error was not repeated, so perhaps have another attempt and see if it has sorted itself out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines