• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something is wrong with my brush tool

Participant ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I recently just bought a brush tool pack online, long story short the brushes did not look the way they were advertised. I was able to track down a video of them being used and yep it 100% looks wrong. Heres a brush called the gouash  brush is suppose to look like

1.gif

Sample_post_2.png

Heres what mine looks like. It looks more like a hair texture rather than a painter brush.

2.gif

So I thought ok well damn I guess I got ripped off and the brushes are low quality. But then I thought eh its still kind of a decent looking hair brush its not a total loss and I might as well play with it. So then I tried taking the same brush with an eraser instead and this happened.

3.gif

The texture was correct? Strange it must be something wrong with my brush setting but I don't know what. Ive already tried right clicking >reset  tool and >reset all tools. Its not my tablet or its drivers because disabling them and clicking around with the mouse does the same thing. Also its not just that single brush either all of my brushes are acting funny like this. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a quick look to see how his Cartooning brushes work, and can't see much reason from this video, why you wouldn't just use the standard round brushes.  In fact, if you have CC2018, you now have _all_ trillion Kyle Webster brushes available, and I can't help but think that Kyle has brushes that do much the same as Drew's brushes.

Brush management has completely changed with CC2018, and we can now save tool presets directly to the Brush panel, so you could make things like Kyle Webster's and John Derry's Impasto brushes.  It would be interesting to see how the Drew Green's set appears in the new Brush panel with all of the View Options turned on.  So from the right click menu and clicking on the cog icon

We see a lot of information for each preset, including in the case of the bottom right preset, that selecting it will switch you to the Eraser tool.

Check out Julianne Kost's blog entry on the CC2018 new features,

Brushes and Painting « Julieanne Kost's Blog

And her explanation of the new Brush management system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We see a lot of information for each preset, including in the case of the bottom right preset, that selecting it will switch you to the Eraser tool.

Great info Trevor.

Just to add that since 19.1 in January you can also Ctrl+Alt click on a brush (Cmd+Opt on Mac) to load the brush without it's tool preset - so any brush is instantly available with other tools than the tool it was saved with.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't understand how any of this solves my issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines