Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6 not starting

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been using LR6 for about 2 years now and the last year I encounter a few major problems that occur over and over again. It has been solved a few times by customer support, but it just happens over and over again and now I'm desperate because I can't use it again! The two main issues are:

1. Every now and then I get a message that my trial version has expired and that I should buy a license. I can't do anything about it so I have to get customer support to get rid of it. The solution is to uninstall it and download it again and re-install it. This is what happened last week again. Yesterday I contacted support again for this and I did exactly what they told me to as explained in the previous sentence. But then the second issue occurred, see below.

2. Every now and then, when starting up LR, the start-up screen appears, but it disappears again after a few seconds of loading. I then get the message to send a crash report to Apple, you know, the usual one. There is no way LR will start up. So I can't use it at all. This happened yesterday after I downloaded and re-installed as I was told by customer support.

I have a Macbook Air with OS High Sierra running on it.

This drives me completely crazy. I have spent so much time already on getting this program to work properly. I think I should get a refund or something, because it clearly doesn't work. Also, the last time I contacted customer support for the second issue that occurred yesterday I was simply put on hold for ages and then I was referred to this forum. So I really hope it can get solved once and for all. Please help me!

Thanks.

Arjen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Please enter the line useAutobahn=false manually in the file com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to deactivate the GPU support -> Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Take a look especially on Solution 2 -> Manually deactivation.

Have you install the latest version of Lightroom 6, its version 6.14

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Axel. I've done that before and it helped for a while only. Also, when I now open that file in the text editor, there is only one mention of 'autoBahn' and that's not the one they are talking about in the solution given since there is no mention of ' = true' (or false) of it.

I have installed the latest version yes, I used a link that I was directed to by customer support themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please enter the line useAutobahn=false manually in the file com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only thing is, this will happen again and again, just a matter of time before either one of the two problems arises again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines