RoundedSquare Pattern that look at center

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an image like that

lA4Vt7i4RZ6LMpf8zUge6Q.png

I would like that all the arrow look at the center of the image.

I found a lot of tutorial for circular thing, but when it is this shape, I can't manage to make it work.

Can you help me ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would rather call the pattern »zig-zag lines« instead of »arrows«.

How do you want them to behave regarding distance from center?

Please post a sketch or a screenshot to clarify your intention for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like a stadium mt-bank-stadium-sections-507-515-in-sun.jpg

Every arrow will be turned to look at the center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had hoped for a more meaningful explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like this in better

L9BtH-SeSBGhudN2MTtw4Q.png

i86qq1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this might best be done in Illustrator with a Scatter or Pattern Brush.

trianglesAroundRoundedRectanglesScr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All are the same size and pointing inwards.  Sill I'm not going to install illustrator the thought of learning an other complex Adobe product would overtax my pea brain.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is perfect, if you don't mind, can you pass me the image? I don't know how to use illustrator, even less than my little photoshop knoledge ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you found out it is easy to rotate an triangular object around a circular path. For the radius and triangular object size is constant.  Around other shape paths the radios and object size would need to vary.  Just layout the spokes. The Arrow heads would just need to be larger as the radius increased around a circular path and it would be east to create such a pattern.  There are scripts to distribute a an object along a path but if the is any rotation I would not think the rotation would be relative to some designated center point. Here I layout some spokes that hit first seating section.   They do not hit seating section farther back from center.  If you wanted to keep all arrow heads the same size they would not line up with closer seating sections and you would need the increase the number of arrows for based seating distance.  What you want to do is very complex.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filter > Distort > Polar Coordinates

You can see it gets flat towards the outside.

You could compensate to some extent by starting with an over size canvas, and Free Transform > Perspective, followed by flip vertically.

Then crop to a square that contains the pattern, and then running Polar C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever you start with, there is always going to be some distortion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is hard to stare at

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another idea using Polygon > Star You could adjust the Indent as you get further out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor are you getting old have you forgotten they did not want round  or did you just forget to transform your shapes? What goes next?

Capture.jpg

Looks tilted to my 77 year old eyes... Hope your eye surgery when as well as mine did years ago.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JJMack  wrote

Trevor are you getting old have you forgotten they did not want round  or did you just forget to transform your shapes? What goes next?

Capture.jpg

Looks tilted to my 77 year old eyes... Hope your eye surgery when as well as mine did years ago.

JJ I feel like I am way past _getting_ old, and you have nine years on me.  I realized that — just for a change — I hadn't read the post correctly after post #11 because I was knocking them out without checking back through the thread.  I am not sure how I'd manage the 'actual' question.  Type on a path? Note the gap at the bottom where I have not got the kerning right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines