• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC - Presets not updating (impossible to edit)

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I just migrated from LR Classic CC to CC and I have a problem with the presets.
The installation/creation of preset is pretty straightforward so i didn't have a problem with that.
However it looks like it is impossible to edit any preset, here is my process:
- Apply preset "X" on the selected picture
- Changer a setting (for exemple contrast from 0 to 15)
- Right clic on preset "X" > "Update preset with current settings"
- Apply preset "X" to a picture > the contrast is still set to 0! (and not 15 as it should have been updated!)

When I use "Update preset with current settings" I expect the preset to be updated with the current values. I can't understand why it does not work and that is a huge issue for me (and deal breaker for the new LR CC).

I have tried to create new presets, use old LR classic preset, desinstall/reinstall the whole Adobe suite, restart my computer, look on forums but I can't find a solution!

I precise that I am using Mac OS X, up to date, with Lightroom CC up to date.

Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you are fully aware the new Lightroom CC (cloud based) is different from Lightroom Classic CC.

Lightroom CC is a completely new application and is presently at version 1.1 and does not have the full feature set of LR Classic.

Lightroom Classic CC is the desktop based application for computers and is at version 7.1. This is the upgrade from the previous Lightroom CC 2015.x

See the following link for more info.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 10.24.59 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am well aware of the difference between the two.

I am "just" having  a problem with the function "update preset with actual settings" in LR CC.

The function is natively in LR CC and as its name suggest it should allow me to edit presets by replacing their old parameters with current parameters. Currently this function is not working for me, as the presets seems to be locked and unchanged.

The only solution I have is to create a new preset everytime, which is not how this software should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines