• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the texture illustration in the Textures Page of the Brush Settings Panel?

Advisor ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use textures in brush strokes a lot and have just noticed that the illustrative image in the Texture Settings Panel - that show you how much brushstroke and texture will show with different depths of texture, is completely missing? Did this happen while I was out of the room?  Has it been hidden in CC18 and update?

Grateful for help, please. 

David

I tink the illustration was under the "depth" slider - see CC18 below where it is missing.

texture.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Thank you.  I am an idiot.  Your response encouraged me to look again, and I see that the bottom of the brush settings panel had become so elongated downwards that the preview window had disappeared below the edge of the screen window.  I am relieved, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advisor ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I was thinking of (I reinstalled CC 2017);

texture 2.jpg

Simple.  Clear.  That's progress for you....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The small Preview window is still there for me using photoshop cc 2018 (19.1) on windows 10.

Screenshot-(1).png

Try resetting the photoshop cc 2018 preferences in Edit>Preferences>General>Reset Preferences On Quit and then restart photoshop.

Screenshot-(2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I am an idiot.  Your response encouraged me to look again, and I see that the bottom of the brush settings panel had become so elongated downwards that the preview window had disappeared below the edge of the screen window.  I am relieved, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines