• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making .jpg default

Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PE defaults to the horrible and large .bmp. How on earth do I change it to .jpg ????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge, you can’t change the default “Save as” but what you can do is edit the default for ‘Quick Export As’

Edit > Preferences > Export

Type > Jpg

Then what you select the layer you can quickly save it in the desired format.

fig_1.jpg

Alternatively, you can also do this;

Press Ctrl/command+Shift+Alt+S to save for web. It will remember the settings so you can change quality, file type (png, gif, jpg, etc).

EDIT: i think i've misunderstood the question...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks charles,a nice quick reply. Once I have processed an image and want to save it, then select location, the default is .bmp. That is when I wanted to change but there is an alternative which you have touched on. "save as web" - which is where 99% on my images end up in web sites.

It still does not answer my question but it IS an alternative. Save as web is next to the save as - but when I open it after I had set it to .jpg, another window says .gif at 60%. I set it for jpg but it has gone when I eventually come back in.

OK I can work around that I suppose. But I would like save as to be defaulted to .jpg so I dont have to keep removing .bmp.

THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can’t change the default ‘Save as’ it will always save as a PSD, since you’re saying the default is .bmp I think you’re doing something different or I’m missing some information.

Could you post a few pictures and maybe a roadmap of your path E.G: File > Save as > default .bmp

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines