• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BSOD while working in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a few months I often get a BSOD while I'm working in Photoshop. I'm using Photoshop CC 2018 at the moment.

I've always installed my Photoshop updates but that never changed anything. I have even deleted all my Adobe programs and Creative Cloud via configuration screen but after reinstalling the BSOD keep appearing.

I'm using Windows 10

Info from BSOD:

- Stopcode: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

- What failed: Fastboot.sys

How can I solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Hi elienp93609961,

"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" mostly occurs, when a driver uses an incorrect memory address.
Updating your drivers is one possible way to solve the issue. You could also try disabling Fast Startup
(How-To Guide) and see if that helps.

However, this error can also occur if your a) graphics card is defect, b) RAM sticks are damaged -or- c)
hard drive is soon-to-be dead. Even malware and viruses can trigger this error.

For now, try to update your drivers (especially your graphics car

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi elienp93609961,

"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" mostly occurs, when a driver uses an incorrect memory address.
Updating your drivers is one possible way to solve the issue. You could also try disabling Fast Startup
(How-To Guide) and see if that helps.

However, this error can also occur if your a) graphics card is defect, b) RAM sticks are damaged -or- c)
hard drive is soon-to-be dead. Even malware and viruses can trigger this error.

For now, try to update your drivers (especially your graphics card driver) and see if the BSOD remains.

Kind Regards,
Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in addition to the message 1 suggestions, reset your preferences -   https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No point updating Photoshop, an app can’t ctash the system. Update system and especially update video drivers since you have an error pointing at them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it can crash the system. And it was causing me crashes as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have disabled Fast Startup and updated my graphics card driver for two days now and no BSOD appeared ever since.

Although I'm not sure yet it has been solved since it doesn't always appear.

Already yhank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I trieed this for mine as well to no avail. I found that  by going into Preferences/Performance/Advanced Settings and un-checking Use OpenCL solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that  by going into Preferences/Performance/Advanced Settings and un-checking Use OpenCL solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines