• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color dropping out on placed pages

Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a booklet and I am running into a weird problem. In order to keep the price down I had to convert the guts to gray scale. I was able to do that just fine however when I tried to add the color pages back in I run into a problem where some of the colors drop out. I have done anything to the cover pages beside extracting and adding them back in so Im not sure why anything would change. The other odd thing is only some of the colors drop out. Here is an example. The first is what the color cover should look like and the second is what it looks like when I reinsert it. I am using  Acrobat pro 11 on a mac. Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 11.00.01 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-31 at 10.59.45 AM.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another odd thing I just noticed opening it in Acrobat dc. When the file opens the cover looks black and white with the exception of just one logo. However when you look at the organize page window the cover has all of its colors. Why the discrepancy?Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 11.03.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-31 at 11.06.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just attempted to print this file via fiery rip software on a xero c75 digital press and the front cover printed fine. It seems the issue is only in how Acrobat views the pdf. Why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jmcginn,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, color is dropping out on placed PDF pages, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and see if this brings any difference.

You can try printing the PDF as an image and see if there is a difference in the color profile, to print the PDF as an Image, you can refer to Print PDF as image | Adobe Acrobat, Reader  Navigate to Print Dialog box>Click on Advanced>Select Print as Image.

You can also try changing the color profile from the Advanced Print Setup Dialog box>Color Management>Color profile>Choose Adobe RGB and see if this brings any difference.

You may also try flattening the PDF once if you have layers in the current PDF, navigate to Preflight, PDF Optimizer (Discard Objects > Flatten form fields).

Is color is dropping with the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC 18.011.20038?

Have you tried printing the PDF file using the freeware Adobe Reader DC and checked? You can download Adobe Reader DC from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

You may refer and try the suggestions from the following Adobe article Advanced PDF print settings, Adobe Acrobat

Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can try and test it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Is it a Mac or Windows machine? What is the dot version of Acrobat installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

[edited response]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines