Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fatal Error

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2009 Jan 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help?

I am creating a large project in RoboHelp. After trying to compile the files on Friday, I got the following error: "Fatal Error: Unexpected error from Microsoft HTML compiler." It then says that compilation is complete, but the system will not display the online help.

I have my project saved locally, so the server problem is not the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say your project is local but are you outputting to a local folder?

You say the system will not display the help. How are you trying to open it and what happens? Any error message?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am saving to a local folder. When I compile and then click View Result on the dialog, nothing happens. Nothing happens when I try to dispaly it from the icon either. I recently added map IDs, and to be honest, have never really done CSH, but we are going to try it for this next project. Being naive about the map IDs, I'm not sure if that is the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi there

If you are using RoboHelp HTML, have you examined the output view to see what (if any) errors are being encountered and reported?

If an error is being issued, you will then possibly need to decode what it means. Fortunately help exists for that. Head over to the link below and download a CHM file that lists the errors.

Click here to visit Cheri's site

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp