• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Circular Indent In Box?

Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone every made a circular divot in a cube?  Think of a Cube with a Half-Dome shaped indent in it, like a box-shaped birdbath?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Hi

You need to go to a proper 3D application, like Blender, where you can perform Boolean operations on the mesh e.g. subtract mesh A from mesh B

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about working in 2D or 3D in Photoshop?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D.  I'd like to do a 3D Cube Extrusion, then indent it with a circular shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You need to go to a proper 3D application, like Blender, where you can perform Boolean operations on the mesh e.g. subtract mesh A from mesh B

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.  I have Autodesk Meshmixer, but tend to avoid it since it doesn't seem to map textures out as smoothly as Photoshop does.  But it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can put a transparent "hole" in a surface using opacity but for a spherical dish then you need to modify the mesh

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I remember when you walked me through that once; I will give it a try again, I believe everything you told me was correct, but there may have been some kinks with my computer at the time.  I will refer to that post, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines