• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Letter spacing in CF8 PDFs

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2008 Dec 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to ColdFusion 8 and my PDF rendering has gone bonkers. I'm writing valid XHTML 1.0 Strict and doing a CSS block at the top of the document, but I can't get CF8's cfdocument to listen to the CSS letter-spacing attribute. I've tried negative and positive percent, pixels, em and inches, but nothing works. I've been to Rip's Domain, but his advice doesn't work. Does anyone have any secret sauce to share?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2008 Dec 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should probably mention that I'm running Ubuntu 32-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2009 Jan 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems Ubuntu was the culprit. I switched to Windows Server 2003 and my documents look correct now. But the letter-spacing still doesn't work. Filed it as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jordan,

It TOTALLY has to do with Linux. You MUST install all the hot fixes for Ubuntu. I came across that situation a while ago. I installed all the fixes in Linux as well as in CF 8. Very important, the way the systems render the text and styles is different in platforms. Yeah I was as surprised as you may be. If the hot fixes don't work dig into font support for CF8 and Linux ubuntu. Fixing this problem requires some research. I wish I could dig into it and provide you with some of the links I discoveres but I am at work right now, so I gave you the hints, go for it brother!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jordan,

Today is your lucky day! I just remembered the fonts that you must use to avoid this rendering problem: Linux Libertine fonts. Research that. It worked perfectly fine in my company!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2009 Jan 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Looks promising.

Thanks, apocalipsis19.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation