• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom will not open ... cache problems

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom will not open.       There are on/off issues with the adobe cloud app working or spinning or closing.

There is a brief message about a problem with the cache.

Adobe help line has been on hold for 40 minutes.      The wait for a response on chat has been 50 + minutes.    It is now past their closing time.      

Should I uninstall LR and install it again?

Should I empty the adobe cache?

What other suggestions do you have?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dexhorton,

We're sorry for inconvenience caused and the long wait time on our Helpline.

Could you please let us know the exact error message you're getting while using Lightroom CC?

I'd suggest you to try the solutions listed in this documentation Lightroom error on preview cache or displays gray thumbnails and let us know if that helps.

Thanks.

Akash Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get through to a helper on chat. I waited more than an hour on hold by telephone. It was at least 15 minutes more than that by chat on the computer.

It works.

The solution is that my computer software does not support the latest Lightroom.

That sucks.

It means I either use Lightroom CC 2015, or update my iMac. The last time I updated my iMac software, it made me update iTunes software. That update made it impossible to use my iPod. apple told me to buy a new one.

I do not want to discover what things I use each day will be eliminated when I update the operating system.

So it looks like I am stuck with old software. Or, I can buy a new computer that is not an iMac for my photos.

That sucks.

-Dex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing what the exact message was, the usual solution is to go to the folder that contains your Lightroom catalog and locate a folder with the extension lrdata. You need to delete or rename that folder and ONLY that folder. Then restart Lightroom. This will force Lightroom to create a new cache folder. If you rename the folder and this solution doesn't work, you can always delete the new one and rename the old one and go back. But that is the most common solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

deleting the "Lightroom Library.lrlibrary" on my mac worked for me and forced LightRoom to create a new cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technology multiplies at the speed of free electrons

Keeping up CAN be very expensive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines