• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BEWARE! was signed up for something Ididn't need or want and cost me over $200 to cancel!!!!

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!

BEWARE! was signed up for something I didn't need or want and cost me over $200 to cancel!!!!

Being charged $32.01 a month for adobe stock after doing a "free download" .  Went to cancel and they said

I was signed up for a year and would be charged another $144 on top of the 3 mo. they have already taken.

The fact I haven't used or ever wanted it is not an issue to them. So a free photo is costing me over $200.

I even tried to see if they would put it on a different program I might actually use - nope.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will get deleted or never posted but had to try.  On to facebook - and other SM to vent.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Hi Ricky,

In addition to Twarita's reply, please see Adobe Stock 30-day trial - Get 10 Stock images free. | Adobe Stock for the terms associated with the Stock promo offer.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Stock

Hi Deb,

I apologize for the experience you've had with the subscription services.

I did check your account and see that your Adobe Stock subscription is active but see that you've just used 1 image license.

I believe you had signed up for the 10 free images promo offer and as per the terms here: Adobe Stock 30-day trial - Get 10 Stock images free. | Adobe Stock the subscription starts after the 1st month if you don't cancel.

But since you've not used the Stock services, I would request you to Contact Customer Care for the cancellation and refund requests.

Let me know if you face any issues reaching support.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and they said - tuff - your stuck and charged me $144 cancellation fee along with the 2 mos. they charged for service I didn't use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deb,

I am extremely sorry to hear about the inconvenience, please share the case reference number so that I can further check and get back to you.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caveat emptor indeed!

I would like to add a comment here and say that the 'Get 10 free Adobe Stock images' on the stock page is a bit like the carrot in front of the donkey. One asumes that they can get 10 free images - free - being the operative word here, but not realise there is a cost hidden in the detail. Again, the devil is in the detail! (Also, there is no such thing as a free lunch).

Wouldn't it be better to say something like subscribe to Adobe Stock and get 10 free images, rather than 'Get 10 free images' at the first instance.

It would be good if Adobe Stock could be clearer so people know exactly what the terms and conditions are. It would therefore save this hassle - because this ain't the first time it's happened. The forum is full of such accounts!

And Deb - Adobe didn't delete your post - so they do let people give their opinion. (Within reason of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ricky,

We value your feedback and thank you for bringing this to our attention. However, as you might be already aware that the 10 free images are applicable for the period of 30 days only and only post the trial phase we start charging for the subscription.

Please feel free to update the thread for any follow-up questions, we will be delighted to assist you.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ricky,

In addition to Twarita's reply, please see Adobe Stock 30-day trial - Get 10 Stock images free. | Adobe Stock for the terms associated with the Stock promo offer.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for both your feedback. However, myself I don't need the Adobe Stock subscription. I just wanted to point out that on the Adobe Stock page, BEFORE you do any further investigation on terms and conditions, you are greeted with 'Get 10 free Adobe Stock images' as seen in the Adobe Creative Cloud app stock tab which may appear to imply that you can get 10 free images. I think this bit may be a bit misleading hence this thread and many more.

In the UK there is a Plain English Campaign, which is all about promoting simple and plain English without all the  gobbledygook (I like this word) so that all information is clear. Unfortunately, this is how companies - Insurance Companies for example - trap people. People often don't read the fine print - or pages of terms and conditions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happened to me too. I feel so [REMOVED BY MODERATOR], and I loved Adobe before. I didn't even know I had this subscription until I was part of this year plan and now I can't get out of it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started