• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grain no longer accessible on mobile Lightroom CC?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would add Grain via a slider under “Effects” to pretty much every photo I edited in the first half of 2017 or so, but for some reason it is no longer accessible.

I can actually still see that it was added if I open one of these older photos – the grain is still visible in the photo, first of all, but if I tap “...” (top-right) and then “Copy Settings,” the Copy Settings Dialog -> Effects -> Grain value shows up! So the tech is there – the UI to access this input has simply been removed.

This is is a pretty fundamental feature, in my opinion. Why on earth would it be removed?

Please add the slider back to Lightroom CC. The code is obviously there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh hello?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my recollection, there’s never been a grain slider in LR Mobile, it’s only been available as a slider via the desktop app (now Lightroom Classic).

Grain is available to LR Mobile as a preset. If you go to the Presets section, change the category to “Components,” you’ll find three grain presets available. While the organization of the presets is a little different, this is the only way I ever recall being able to add grain in LR Mobile.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said, I used the grain slider (now removed) in about every photo I edited on Lightroom CC for iOS in 2017. I do not use the desktop app. There was a slider, as I said, under effects, and I'm asking why it was removed. The functionality is still clearly present (see my original post), so why was the UI/slider removed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines