• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to preserve Map IDs when upgrading from older versions of RoboHelp?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2009 Jan 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add some new topics to an existing project that was created with an older version of RoboHelp for Word. It's for a JavaHelp layout. When I went to add Map IDs to the new context-sensitive topics, I did not see any Map IDs for the previous context-sensitive topics. I found this note on the Edit Map IDs dialog Help:

"If you upgrade to a new version of RoboHelp, your developer must change the help calls to enable importing context text strings from previous versions."

Is there truly no way to preserve the Map IDs and associated Map #s from projects created with older versions of RoboHelp? There are several hundred context-sensitive topics in this project. Recreating the Map IDs will require a lot of testing of our software to verify the Help links and delay the project. Is there a workaround? Or do I have to revert to the older version of RoboHelp?

Does it make a difference that I'm using RoboHelp 7 HTML rather than RoboHelp for Word?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 12, 2009 Jan 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi scribe9 and welcome to the forums.

You can carry the map numbers and IDs over by simply copying your .ali and .hh (or .h) files to the new project. However, I am not familiar with RoboHelp for Word. Way back that was used to created WinHelp files. Are you also moving from WinHelp to HTMLHelp?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp