• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print from PSE15

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE 15, and all was working well with my Epson XP-830 printer.  When that printer died, I got a Canon TR8520.  With the Canon printer (wireless), I get an error message "because the default printer could not be opened."  I took the printer to Best Buy (where I bought it), and the Geek Squad was stumped.  We were able to get the Canon to print when connected via cable, but not wirelessly.  The printer works from all other apps, including Adobe Acrobat.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get the printer to work from PSE15?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to the Canon site and see if there is a new driver available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have re-installed the printer using Canon's website drivers.  Also re-installed PSE15.  Made sure both were fully current.  Re-booted both PC and printer, all to no avail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you unable to print both via Editor and via Organizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Organizer, so not sure if I can print from there. I'll try it and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just imported a few photos into Organizer, and was able to print from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, just downloaded trial copy of PSE2018.  Printer works just fine from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editor and organizer use different print engines. This has been reported previously, that's why I asked.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting that Adobe would use different print engines.  Seems it would be easier to use just one - especially if it was the one that worked!  Any ideas how to print directly from Editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas how to print directly from Editor?

Yes. Connect the printer directly to the computer via USB cable, rather that via your network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While that may work, it totally defeats the purpose of buying a wireless printer. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines