• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF's not loading completely in IE 11 and hanging, throws document error.

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Experiencing an issue with PDF's not downloading, or loading completely and stalling, causing the browser to hang in our company. It's affecting everyone who tries to view the PDF's with IE. It seems to affect PDF files larger than ~1.5 MB and happens in IE only. The PDF's will not download completely and throw a document error, or hang when you scroll down to view more than the first page of the document. I've tried clearing cache and cookies, but that didn't help.

Using IE 11 and Acrobat 11

Go to: https://www.dignityhealth.org/about-us/our-organization

Left-click on Download Annual Report under Mission Integration section

Result:

IE attempts to download PDF (starts quickly then gets slower), but never completes the download and hangs. If you attempt to scroll down to view the pages IE will hang and require you to forcefully close the tab/window.

On my last attempt to load the Annual Report PDF mentioned above, IE was able to only download 2.88 of 2.96 MB and then completely stalled. Nothing is viewable beyond the 2nd page. I am able to save the PDF to my local drive and open it in IE without a problem.

Anyone have ideas? Is there a security setting that could be causing this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Craiga,

As you have mentioned above, the browser hangs when you try to open or download the file.

I have tried the same on our end and it seems there is some issue with that site.

Could you please confirm if you experiencing this behavior only with this particular site?

Have you tried to check with alternate options? Are you able to view files from other sources without any issues?

Please allow us some time to look into this issue.

Will get back to you with information on this.

Regards,

meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for looking in to this issue.

I haven't experienced this issue on other sites, but I also don't have this issue with all PDF files on this site. I do know that the 2 PDF files having the issue were originally created with InDesign though.

You can find other PDF's on the site that work fine here: Benefits Reports

Except the Overview Brochure, which is giving me the same problem. I am trying to find out if the brochure was also created with InDesign and what the other PDF files that do work were created with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar issue. In Adobe Reader, the option "allow speculative downloading in the background" under Edit > Preferences > Internet was deselected. After enabling this, PDFs in the browser would load properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines