• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make 3 different sized canvases, which lets you work on one and affects the others at the same time.

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have been using Photoshop for awhile now and I am just getting my head around some new styles of designing. I have come across people working on Photoshop and they're doing work on one canvas, which affects the other canvases with what they're doing.

So for example if I am designing an emote and I use a 600 x 600 pixel canvas to draw on and I have a 112 x 112 pixel, and a 56 x 56 pixel, how can I get my work that I am doing on the 600 pixel work, reflect the exact same on the other sized canvases?

I have been trying to find an answer for this, but sadly I just can't seem to find one, or I am not using the correct term for this method.

Anyway if anyone has an answer for this, then that would be great!

Thank you,

Jamie.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can prepare 3 different canvas (as you wish) and then prepare largest design (some layers, masks, texts, vectors) as a single Smart Object placed to all of your canvas. You can also use external PSD file linked as Smart Object to all of your canvas.

Then open all canvas and smart object (use split view to see all documents) and make changes to smart object.If you save this all of your canvases will update

pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All your canvas have the same aspect ratio square. You want all size canvases to have the same content.  So all you need do it to create the large canvas documents.  Then use a plugins script like Image Processor Pro to batch  create all the smaller canvas size versions.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, create multiple artboards of the desired size within a single document.

Then, use Smart Objects as macpawel suggested above to replicate the content to each artboard, scaling as needed.

If you want to have multiple views of the same file in Photoshop (for example, you are working a close-up detail on one monitor, and want to have the full image as a reference on a second monitor, or in this case, viewing one artboard and seeing the changes on a different artboard):

Window > Arrange > New Window for [file name]

You can create multiple windows for a single file, and can use Window > Arrange to tile or cascade them, or just drag the tabs to the desired locations.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like doing it the hard way to me.  If all have the same aspect ratio and content.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all of your help, I really appreciate it

Thank you,

Jamie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines