• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Determining measurements contained within photo

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I took a photo of my living room with my daughter standing in the background. I calibrated the image by determining the # of pixels for the height of a gun case in the same image, then entered that number and switched the scale back to inches to see if I could get the height of my daughter. Her height was measured in the photograph 4 inches taller than she actually is. Can anyone offer any reasons why this would be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was she the same distance from the camera as the guncase? If she was closer you would have more pixels per inch for her height then the gun case.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, she was 2-3 feet in front of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I appreciate your help. Just starting out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As JJMack said , it sounds like perspective where closer objects appear bigger.

Try using the Measure tool within the vanishing point filter. You can set a grid to match the perspective then use the measure tool against that grid and it will compensate for the perspective. You can then calculate from there.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines