Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crashing

Contributor ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys,

Updated my mac pro with 1080 with Nvidia drivers to 15.0.1 and it's now crashing when i scrub - or open certain files.... Same files open fine on my other machine still at 10.0 - running off the server seems to make it worse.

running 10.13.3 and CC 15.0.1

the non-crashing machine is running 10.13.2 and 15.0.0

anyone else???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You may get a hint to find the cause if you check the Mac system log which is located at /var/log/system.log. As soon as your After Effects crashes, you open the log file and look for the errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JP - nothing in the log that i can find... anything specific to look for?  It just shuts down without warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You open Console.app (/Applications/Utilities/) and check User Diagnostic Reports. You may find After Effects crash report there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing in the log - though i did discover that it's always failing looking for my second monitor.

Any other ideas?  I noticed it definitely crashes when i change from full to quarter rez previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having trouble with crashing, mike_mike_motorbike? Please let us know if you've solved this or if you still need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disconnected the second monitor and it seems more stable.  Also - one further clue - it crashes when i change preview resolutions.  ALso older files seem affected whereas new files (created after the update) don't seem to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mike_mike_motorbike  wrote

I disconnected the second monitor and it seems more stable.  Also - one further clue - it crashes when i change preview resolutions.  ALso older files seem affected whereas new files (created after the update) don't seem to be.

So, an older Mac Pro 5,1 and NVIDIA, eh, mike_mike_motorbike? Sorry to hear that. Please file a bug report if you have time. Feel free also to work with support on this: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Kevin,

Will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If your environment of the monitor is changed to the single monitor, does the crash happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines