• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC won't accept digital signature from smart card reader

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Inventiv smart card reader and have verified the appropriate drivers are installed.  Acrobat Reader DC will not accept the signature from the smart card reader.  I have gone to the "configure digital ID" page and clicked on the "Use a Signature Creation Device."  When I click on "continue" I get a notification that says " Adobe Acrobat DC could not find any new digital IDs.  If your digital ID is on a hardware token, please make sure it is plugged in and the token interface is properly configured.  Contact your system administrator for further assistance."  I have also gone to the "manage digital ID" page and can find the certificate under "Windows Digital IDs" but Acrobat won't let me use it.  I also verified that the certificate is trusted.  I am unable to export the certificate due to the fact that the documents I am signing require a specific file type not offered by Acrobat.  I know the reader and drivers are working because I am able to access websites through my smart card.  Thanks for your help in advance.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Hi shreyanssshah,

I am not sure whether you are following the right steps to create your ID or not. You may check this help page: Certificate-based signatures, Adobe Acrobat and try one more time.

Also, It seems you haven't read the changes were made in Adobe Reader/Acrobat. Which I was trying to tell you in my earlier response that it could be an issue also.

"Certificate filtering changes only:

The recent expansion of digital certificate usage has prompted Adobe to change the processing of Key Us

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi annem31866191,

Sorry for the delay in response.

There have been some changes to digital certificates to use for signature: A: Changes Across Releases — Digital Signatures Guide for IT  You may check with Smart Card Vendor if that certificate falls under the criteria mention in the link.

Let me know if that helps your any.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is an absolute useless reply. if u can't answer, plz don't.
there is no info either on what to do or what to do.

i tried many different usb tokens, but acrobat reader do not recognise them all are recognised and shown in the mac system in keychain.

acrobat can create new digital ids, but token based ones are just not detected at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shreyanssshah,

I am not sure whether you are following the right steps to create your ID or not. You may check this help page: Certificate-based signatures, Adobe Acrobat and try one more time.

Also, It seems you haven't read the changes were made in Adobe Reader/Acrobat. Which I was trying to tell you in my earlier response that it could be an issue also.

"Certificate filtering changes only:

The recent expansion of digital certificate usage has prompted Adobe to change the processing of Key Usage (KU) and Extended Key Usage (EKU) certificate extensions when performing digital signature creation in Acrobat products. This change means the following:

• Acrobat products better conform to RFC 5280 (Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile).
  • Existing credentials (certificates) that do not adhere to the requirements in the following table may no longer be used for signing with Acrobat or Reader. Invalid certificates no longer appear in the certificate drop-down list in the Sign Document dialog."

Also, I would like to mention we don't have control over those USB token basis signature devices. If the devices you are using are not working with Adobe Reader, you may contact those Vendors and seek their expertise as well. If they found an issue their developers may contact us.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not interested in creating new id. That I can do already.

I am trying to attach DSC from token.

Regards.

Shreyans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shreyans,

Sadly, there is not much I can suggest in this case.

I would suggest contacting USB Token vendor for this issue.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's odd, is I can find my signature, but can't associate it with the digital signing.  I used two other PDF applications and the digital certificate was immediately available and useable.  It has to be a defect with Adobe.  There appears to be no way to associate the digital cert with digital signing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines