• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

blank composition widget - show target on rollover - frozen images for small display

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using a composition widget, blank that shows images by rollover. Here's the site:

works | atelier lachaert dhanis

The Problem seems to only occur on small devices like smartphone or tablet, thus the setting is exactly the same for all breakpoints.

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 12.55.12.png

- On large screen: rollover ->image appears->click on work-> end on specific work -> go back -> everything OK- On small screens: tap on work -> image appears -> tap twice end on specific work -> go back -> the image of the visited page is frozen (which adds up and becomes very ugly after looking through some pages...)

Why does that happen? Is there a solution to it?

P.S. @Adobe Staff: Would be great if you could tell me your idea on it without having to upload the site again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018
  • If you want help only from the Muse team, you should write a personal message.
  • If you want help from the forum too you only have a chance if you show us  your .muse file.

In the last case: Please share a .muse file containing only the  „works“, „almost red“ and „anamorphosis“ pages and only the „almost red“ and the „anamorphosis“ trigger/targets of the composition on the „works“ page.

If your issue remains reproducible, when the linked pages „almost-red“ and „anamorphosis“ are empty, please delete

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• If you want help only from the Muse team, you should write a personal message.
  • If you want help from the forum too you only have a chance if you show us  your .muse file.

In the last case: Please share a .muse file containing only the  „works“, „almost red“ and „anamorphosis“ pages and only the „almost red“ and the „anamorphosis“ trigger/targets of the composition on the „works“ page.

If your issue remains reproducible, when the linked pages „almost-red“ and „anamorphosis“ are empty, please delete all content from these 2 pages.

Share this small .muse file via Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service and post the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok I see. That I wasnt aware of.

Well heres the muse file, as you asked me to prepare:

Dropbox - atelierlachaertdhanis_short.muse

Thank you a lot for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understood your issue correctly, it is quite clear, what happens:

You are using different compositions for „almost red“ and „anamorphosis“.

The targets of these different compositions aren’t placed exactly one over the other in some breakpoints: Look for example at breakpoint 1800 px:

Screen.jpg

Additionally: Hovering over the trigger of composition A doesn’t make the target of composition B invisible and vice versa. Why should it? The two compositions are completely independent from each other.

Why don’t you simply choose a much more elegant approach?

Instead of many compositions, each with one trigger/target place only one composition with multiple triggers/targets.

I modified your .muse file accordingly in this .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhx4ttym885u4gf/atelierlachaertdhanis_short_Mod.muse?dl=0​

This will work fine, because in one composition there is always only one target visible, no matter, how many trigger/targets are existing.

One more hint: If you use the triggers as a link, assign the link to the trigger and not to the text within, or even to text and trigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ok that is of course a good tip but it doesnt resolve the problem at all: on small devices the images are still "frozen", (the moment you visited a work and return to the overview.)

How else could I work around that problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

theresab76316198  schrieb

… it doesnt resolve the problem at all: on small devices the images are still "frozen", (the moment you visited a work and return to the overview.)

Really?

Look at this .muse file (the same one as before with some more breakpoints):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhtjots5mzw6brc/atelierlachaertdhanis_short_Mod2.muse?dl=0

I can see no „frozen“ images. Did you really follow my recommendations?

Perhaps you should explain, what you mean with „frozen“ and show exactly, what you mean, using my example and a screenshot of the „wrong behaving“ images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well, I wasnt using the right link as it seems. It indeed is a much more elegant solution! Thank you for that!!
Just a few more questions:
1. How do I in that case add more works?
2. Do images have to stay in the exact same place ? (since the initial list is quiet long I am afraid you won't see the last images anymore, if you scroll down...)
Thank you so much for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with „more works“?

• You may add as many new „categories" on your first page as you want – just doing the same as you always do with compositions: Click onto the „+“ icon next to the last category.
  • On the linked pages you are free to place whatever you want: Text, images, slideshows, compositions, …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick! Thank you so much for guiding me through and helping me resolving that issue! I am very happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines