• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Illustrator 2018 'Application Not Responding' on opening app

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Illustrator 2018 'Application Not Responding' every time I open the app. I have a new iMac, OS X El Captain, 10.11.6 etc. And all my other CC apps work. However once I installed 2018, upgrading from 17, it has caused me trouble. Often I can't open it.

I went back to 17 for a while. Tried to go back to 18, and have the same problem. Additionally have uninstalled and reinstalled.

Any suggestions / Help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you installed CC 2018 did you have "Import previous settings and preferences" checked in the Advanced Options that appeared during the install (it is the default)? This has caused serious performance issues for many. To read more about this and how to deal with it please see this post from the Illustrator FAQ: CC 2018 Illustrator—Don't Import previous settings and preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi siobhanf,

Please try resetting preferences for Illustrator and check how it works?

How to set preferences in Illustrator

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi siobhanf,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines