• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Lag on MacOS High Sierra

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop program has an important lag with the Brush tool in both the Wacom tablet and the mouse

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc,

We will need more information if we're to help you out. Here are a few points to start with:

1. What version of Photoshop are you using, exactly (like 19.0.1)?

2. What OS version of High Sierra (like 10.13.3)?

3. You mention a Wacom tablet, are your drivers updated? What version?

Now, about the specifics of the brush lag problem:

4. What is the dimension, in pixels, of the image you have?

5. What is the brush size? Are you using a regular brush, a mixer brush, an erodible tip?

6. Does the lag occur on a brand new image, small size (i.e. default Photoshop size) with a small ordinary brush tip?

If you're working with a very large image, and/or your brush size is very large, lagging will be a problem for sure.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The version is 19.1.0

2. High Sierra version 10.13.2

3. Yes, the last version:  WacomTablet_6.3.27-2.dmg

4. 248 x 343 pixels. In fact any dimension

5. Any brush size. Although the pencil works well. Regular brush. I have a video, where can I send it?

6. Yes the lag occur on a brand new image, on default Photoshop size, any Origen and image size with any brush.

No, no I don't use a big brush size or very large image... I don't know why.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Marc,

I wonder if you unplug your Wacom tablet and try the mouse only, do you still see the lag?

If so, can you try after disabling "Use Graphics Processor" under Photoshop Preferences > Performance? After disabling, restart Photoshop and see if you still observe the lag.

If that doesn't work, I would consider resetting Photoshop preferences to the default under Photoshop Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that doesn't work, I would consider resetting Photoshop preferences to the default under Photoshop Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit

This worked for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the exact same problem on iMac 2017 with Catalina 10.15.6 and Photoshop 21.2.2
The only thing which helped was resetting the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just bought a small Wacom Intuos for Photoshop work and am getting the slow pen motion/lag.

Do not use a mouse as find the pen so much easier all around.

Turned off my Apple Track Pad and its so much faster to respond to movement.

No idea why it works but thats computers for you!

(I have an iMac)

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines