• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render thumbnails for .PNG files on gray

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of Photoshop overlay files that are in .PNG format with transparency. I want to use Lightroom CC to manage these, however Lightroom renders transparent areas as white in its thumbnails. This is a problem for images with white information (common for watermark signatures, snow, stars, etc.). Lightroom renders white on white and the thumbnails are useless. Is there any way to have Lightroom render transparent areas as gray?  That way, dark and light information could be seen in the thumbnails.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Hi pbldesign,

I checked with the team and they said that there's no way to change the background colour for .png images in Lightroom Classic Or CC version. You may raise a feature request for the same.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pbldesign,

I have tried testing this issue at our and I am unable to change the transparent areas in some other colour. Let me check some more information and get back to you on this issue.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit,

Thank you for checking into this. It would be extremely helpful.

For now, I am using a workaround to convert the .PNG files with transparency to multi-layer .PSD files with gray or black background layer in Photoshop, and then importing the .PSD into Lightrooom.  Using Actions, I can streamline this somewhat (but it's still cumbersome).  Then when I want to use the overlay, I can open the file in Photoshop and copy the transparent image layer to the other document where I want to place it.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pbldesign,

I checked with the team and they said that there's no way to change the background colour for .png images in Lightroom Classic Or CC version. You may raise a feature request for the same.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit,

I have made a Feature Request using the link you provided.

I appreciate your responsiveness.

Best,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great,

Your Welcome.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines