• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2D Photo to 3D Environment and add object

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Im turning this pixelphoto into a 3d environment using vanishing points and then returning the 3D Layer to Photoshop. Cool, I now have kind of a 3D environment. But then I try to add a 3D object to it and the environment doesnt seem to catch shadows or reflections.  To be exact Im turning a corridor into the 3D Environment and I want to add a character to that corridor and I want his reflection to hit the ground floor and his shadow to be going up agains one of the walls.

Plus the character gets distorted like crazy when I merge the corridor and the character 3D objects. What am I missing guys

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screen shots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here i have opened the corridor pixelphoto. used vanishing points and returned them as 3D to Photoshop. Sent in my character and merged the meshes. isnt the walls, floor and ceiling now seperate 3D Objects and should catch shadows?

2018-02-02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Vanishing point doesn't create a 3D image, it just lets you edit an image according to the grid you create in the vanishing point UI. You have to modify the shadows that you create with your 3d model to fit the 2D image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you take the image across from vanishing point it creates a  box model and  the scene is an "Unlit Texture" You can change this in properties to Solid but everything will go dark as the lighting is on the outside of the model

So you also need to go through each of the sides, top and floor and turn off cast shadows

You can then light your scene and walls and floor will catch the shadow from the second model.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Learn something new every day, Dave, well almost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It only came to me after scratching my head for a while over the same issue a few months ago .  Actually my description was slightly wrong when I described it as a box model. The sides are in the shape of a box but are actually separate 3D "postcards".

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines