• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kobo says it is not authorized with ADE, but it is

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because ADE is so slow (it stops responding while trying to transfer a book to my Kobo), I tried a way suggested in this form. I open the file from ADE in explorer, then copy paste the file to my Kobo. It works, and when I turn on my Kobo it tells me I have new books downloaded.

However, when I try to open the book on my Kobo it says "This document is protected by the Adobe Digital Rights Management and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID. Please sign- in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again".  I reconnected my Kobo to my computer and ADE says it is authorized.

Any suggestions? Thank you!!! I'd love to be able to read library books on Kobo again.

Isobel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall whatever version you have and download Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 (not the latest version which I believe is 4.5) - had the same problem and this worked for me

Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your reply!

I really need help!

I has been since September that I cannot use Adobe.

I did reinstall adobe digital 3 and it was asking a password that I couldn’t resolve. It wasn’t my adobe password neither my computer!

I made the mistake of righting refuse and then it continued to install the program.

Now when I try to authorize my Kobo with adobe, I have a message of error

code E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY

What I found on the web is direction in English and I have a French computer, so it doesn’t facilitate my understanding!

Thanks for your help!

De Anne Poulin

Le 2 févr. 2018 à 20:13, dylant1991 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

created by dylant1991 in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

Uninstall whatever version you have and download Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 (not the latest version which I believe is 4.5) - had the same problem and this worked for me

Adobe Digital Editions downloads

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10150297#10150297 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10150297#10150297

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you may need to re-authorize your computer for digital editions. Hit ctrl + shift + d with digital editions open and de-authorize it. Then authorize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After five attempts, it’s finally working!

Thanks for your precious help!

De Anne Poulin

Le 3 févr. 2018 à 13:18, dylant1991 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

created by dylant1991 in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

Sounds like you may need to re-authorize your computer for digital editions. Hit ctrl + shift + d with digital editions open and de-authorize it. Then authorize it.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10151406#10151406 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10151406#10151406

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem too. Here's a complete answer (combining the other items in this thread). This is Mac specific but it should be roughly the same for Windows.

You need version 3.0 of the software. Version 4 seems to have this problem. You need to jump through some hoops but this should definitely work. Don't be intimidated by the length, it'll only take you a couple minutes.

1) Delete version 4 of the App in your Applications folder.

2) Download version 3.0 of here: Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Note: The page may be unformatted, just scroll down to the download links.

3) Open the Installer

You'll get an alert that the certificate expired. Click Continue.

Click continue / accept / install until it begins the installation.

You'll see a dialog that it will hurt performance on your machine. Click Continue.*

4) Open the application

5) Deauthorize your computer by pressing Command + Shift + D (Control + Shift + D on Windows)

6) Control-click on a book you've already imported and chose Show File in Finder. This will open a Finder window showing all of the book files.

7) Quit the application

8) Go back to that Finder folder and throw all of the files in this folder in the trash.

9) Re-open the application

10) Authorize your computer by choosing Authorize Computer under the Help menu on a Mac. Control + Shift + U might work for Windows users.

11) Connect your Kobo

12) Select your Kobo on the left side of the window

13) Click the gear menu just above the Kobo and chose Erase Device Authorization

14) Click that same menu and click Authorize Device

15) Go back to your originally downloaded books and drag them back in to the Adobe Digital Editions window.

16) Now you can drag books from the bookshelves (e.g. All Items) to your Kobo to upload them.

17) Once finished, quit Adobe Digital Editions

18) Go to Finder and eject the Kobo

That's it. Next time you'll only need to 15 - 18 to add more books.

* Don't worry about this slowing your computer down. You see this because the application is written for older machines. The app itself may run more slowly than others but it won't have any impact when the app is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH this worked after nothing else seemed to work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, it worked. I was puzzled because I had the problem with books from Overdrive library only. German language books from Munich public library never were a problem (also not with ADE 4.5).

As this seems to be a common problem, I am surprised that Adobe did not address it yet (means: solved it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines