• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3: Is it possible to automate the "auto levels" function for a batch

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem.   I have 5,000+ jpg images that I took at an archive (with their blessing and permission), but I had to use their copy stand, complete with soft white bulbs as the only lighting.  As a result, every picture has a "brown" cast to it.  Auto level will correct the files.  I have already batch saved them as "*.tiff" files, so they are out of "jpg jeopardy", but is there any way to run a script in CS3 to reset the colors in the tiff files using auto levels?  Is there a script someone out there that can work with CS3 to get this done?

If CS3 can't do that, will subscribing to CC get it done?  Can I subscribe to CC for a month, or do I have to dive in for a year.

I should note that Photoshop totally bamboozles me. I have it and I have never been able to master it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Why not simpley record an action to do a an auto level since your Tiff files have a single layer made from jpeg files.  You could have added that step when you batched saved the jpeg files to Tiff files.   You should not need to script this. One you have the action recorded  batch your tiff files with that action. 5,000 file will take quite some time to processs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moved from Creative Suites to Photoshop]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not simpley record an action to do a an auto level since your Tiff files have a single layer made from jpeg files.  You could have added that step when you batched saved the jpeg files to Tiff files.   You should not need to script this. One you have the action recorded  batch your tiff files with that action. 5,000 file will take quite some time to processs.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  Its done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines