• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Erase Computer Authorization on D.E. 4.5 on Apple Laptop iOS

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use to have ePub downloading working on Adobe Digital Edition 4.5  I now get the message:  Unable to download. 

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12

One of the forum suggestions was to Erase Computer Authorization which I have tried to do, but it comes up after completing the User ID and Password as saying  " Unable to Erase Authorization. Please try some other time".  I've been trying for two days and same message.  I've confirmed my Adobe ID and Password are correct.

Any suggestions on how to Erase Authorization so I can re-instate it with the hope that this will fix the issue.

PS: I've also changed the KeyChain Settings per another suggestion on a forum.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Press WINDOWS + R.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Remove the Adept Folder.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash."

I have tried this, but both the digital editions map and the file activation.dat do not exist in the Application Support/Adobe directory.

Any other suggestions? I think I have tried now every option suggested in the community (de-authorising ADE, deleting ADE and reinstall it, updating it (it is up to date), deleting the (non-existent) activation.dat file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You in the right library folder? Have you used the steps under the link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such file on my computer, at least, I cannot find it with the Finder. I have used the steps under the link. The ~Library folder is not hidden. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search the file not found.

You has two Librarys under your System.

You are used which os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use high sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This one worked for me!

Thanks to Nanaky!

Windows:

Close all applications.

Press WINDOWS + R.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Remove the Adept Folder.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are all having the same problems putting ebooks on e-readers.

When you just like to read ebooks and you are not interested in playing with computers Adobe Digital Editions really is horrible.

I do not understand why Adobe is thinking that problems can be solved by the way they support (with registerchanges, etc.) people who just want to read. Incredible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have tried all of the suggestions and failed, mine is on a PC. The only idea I have left is that DE works fine on another PC with a different identity. I am beginning to think that because I use an Adobe ID with Creative Cloud that there may be some kind of conflict on my PC. Every time I remove the Key file from the registry the PC just puts it back again. Of course, I get no response from Adobe. I just wish there was an alternative software that I can pay for and get proper support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines