• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr6 custom Lens Corrections Q:

Engaged ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Lens Corrections Panel - I have been trying to get a custom setting to stick and apply it on import when using a lens.

In manual settings I set both CA sliders to '2' and then I click the Setup drop-down menu to "Save New Lens Profile Default" - but when I go to another image using the same lens and enable Lens Corrections - my custom settings to not take effect.

Example, my Sigma 30 1.4 Art. I set the manual CA sliders to '2', then Save New Lens Profile Default, but it does not happen for the next image.

Very little help out there with google. What is the "Custom" and  "Save New Lens Profile Default" for if not to customise the profile?

Much thanks ~

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving a user preset –see image below. After setting the CA panel keep your image selected and click the plus icon on the presets tab in the left hand sidebar. After you create a new user preset it can be selected in the import dialog to be applied to all images being added to Lightroom.

Profile-Settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did create an import preset - however it applies the custom Defringe '2' adjustment to all lenses... I want it to be applied only to images I use the Sigma 30mm with...

I tried 'Auto' instead of Default but nope -  can't seem to find the correct settings so that the Defringe '2' setting is only applied to my Sigma...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of Sigma lenses should be automatically recognized with raw images. So it should not be necessary to create a custom profile. Is your lens not in the list:

Sigma.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes my Lr recognises my Sigma Lens and all lenses.

I'm trying to customise an import preset so that when this lens is used - I want it to add a bit more defringe.

The problem is that it adds the defringe to all lenses on import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could start by applying a basic auto preset and then apply the custom ‘2’ tweak using auto-sync while all are selected. But don’t for get to switch off auto-sync immediately afterwards as it can have unintended consequences.

You may find this similar thread of interest.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/898791

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to manually apply the preset you saved.

There is an option to update the Camera Defaults based on the cameras serial number. But that will be for all shots from that camera and I'm not sure what you are looking for, as far as the lens correction goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the "Custom" and  "Save New Lens Profile Default" for if not to customise the profile?

And in fact that is exactly what they do. But your question and what you want to do have nothing to do with that or any lenses profile. IIRC, it was back in Vs. 4 (P.V. 2012) that the new CA Correction and Fringe Correction became separate and independent tools that were no longer part of the profiled lens corrections and functioned without regard for whether the profile was applied or not. Profiles now control only Vignetting and Distortion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Color Fringe Correction Controls

CA and Fringe corrections cannot be tied to one particular lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a helpful read

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines