• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't Lightroom Search work?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I try to search for a file name, or a name and I always get "No photos match the filter". I have always found this with LR and so have never used it as a database, since it's pointless if you can't search it!

I am trying to find a picture which I was working on last week which is not showing up in the Library where it is in my finder, ie in Pictures. It is not there and when I try to Import it again it won't let me, but won't show me where it is in the Library.

I have tried highlighting all photographs still no luck

How do I sort this out! ?? Any help on this gratefully received.

Thanks, Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nick,

It works. Go to the Grid view of All Photographs. Type  '\' to get the filter bar. Click on Text. Choose Filename, Contains (not Contains all), and some substring of the name you want. The image (and maybe a few others) will appear in the view.

Hal

2018-02-03 12_28_08-5-2-2 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Thanks, Hal. That does seem to work - I was sure I had tried that, but maybe not the precise settings. Anyway, thanks - I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines