• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

INTERFACE UI SCALING - IS ANYONE DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS??!!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EVERYBODY IS ASKING - NO ONE IS ANSWERING

THE CHOICES:

• auto or 100% - teeny tiny honey i shrunk your photoshop

• 200% - im blind can you enlarge the entire program so that i am healed of my blindness

I KNOW:

• this question has been asked over and over and over

• there has been no answer and no updates. talked to adobe customer service. dude acted like he never heard of the problem

• i pay a ridiculous amount of money every month to use this program

ADOBE DO SOMETHING RIGHT NOW THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM FOR PEOPLE WHO WORK IN PHOTOSHOP ALL DAY

THIS PROBLEM IS NOT PRESENT IN ILLUSTRATOR SO BORROW THE CODE FROM YOURSELF

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNLIKELY ATTENTION, ADOBE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

With Windows 10 updated to the fall creator edition, user interface scaling is set in Windows not in Photoshop preferences. Those preference settings are for older versions of Windows.

Go to Windows > Settings > System >Display> Scale and Layout. Photoshop will pick up those settings and scale accordingly.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And with Windows 10 Creators Edition and CC 2018.1  19.1  it automatic done correctly. The preference setting is meaningless.  Did you miss that? Relax don't bark a blood vessel.

Windows High-Density Monitor Support

With this release, Photoshop on Windows 10 Creator’s Edition now offers a full range of choices for UI scale factors from 100% through 400%, in 25% increments. This means that the Photoshop user interface will look crisp, beautiful, and the right size no matter the density of your monitor. Photoshop will now automatically adjust itself based on your Windows settings, making it simple to set up.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not barking any blood vessels just frustrated. im on photoshop all day and im getting headaches. ive searched forums and couldn't find anything, and like i said i called support and the guy didn't know. sorry about the caps, im a graphic designer and i thought my post was well formatted and kinda funny. i did not know about the microsoft fix because i don't look at the latest computer stuff, i look at photoshop tutorials, stock photos and new fonts. i hope i can participate in forums to find stuff out and not feel stupid. if no one thought my post was humorous then i am sorry and i will not post again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look you can find out how to use windows 7 scaling with Photoshop.  You would not set any Photoshop Preference to do that.  You would make a change to windows 7 registry and add an external manifest file onto Photoshop's folder to override Photoshop.exe internal manifest.  This solution has been posted many places on the web including in this Photoshop forum. If you could not find that you need to learn how to search better. Here is one from 2015

Re: Issues with the Surface Pro 3's pen in Photoshop CS6

Where I found the solution

Hack makes Photoshop and Illustrator readable on Surface Pro — Surface Pro Artist

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10136623?tstart=0#10136623

Bottom line, you can stop shouting. With Windows 10 creators edition and Photoshop 19.1, Photoshop UI scaling follows the setting in Windows, in 25% increments. The old setting in Preferences (100 or 200) is only for older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use windows 7 because it is the best version for a computer that is only used for graphic design. and why is windows fixing an adobe problem? im going to keep shouting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not support old version of software never has as far as I know. Windows 7 is not the latest version of Windows.   You may still be able to use Windows scaling on Windows 7 by modifying your windows registry to support external manifest files and add a manifest file into you photoshop's version folder.   Photoshop UI scaling will not work on Windows 7 and never will the way Adobe supports applications. Adobe work with Microsoft to get an interface to be able to scale its UI.  I do not believe that you will see Microsoft changing Windows 7 display interfaces to Windows 10 display interfaces. So UI scaling is not possible on Windows 7.  Straight Window scaling will scale Photosops UI and alsi the image Photoshop displays not just an application UI....

If you need to use Windows 7 you will also need to use some work around to scale what Photoshop displays.  CC 2017 can scale all displays 2X. The problem is now your you choose to use Windows 7 where ui scalling is not possible.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft did not fix an Adobe problem. Adobe use the APIs in Windows 10 to implement the solution.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i’m not sure that would come up in a search but anyway i’m just going to break down and buy windows 10 and thank you for all your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do find Windows 10 does not perform as well as windows 7.  If your machine is old you may be better off staying with Windows 7. However Microsoft has mad many chages ti Windows 7 since I last uset it plugging security issues in Windows 7. And Windows 10 is no longer free to old Windows 7 users.  When you get your next PC it will have Windows 10....

If you look you can find out how to use windows 7 scaling with Photoshop.  You would not set any Photoshop Preference to do that.  You would make a change to windows 7 registry and add an external manifest file onto Photoshop's folder to override Photoshop.exe internal manifest.  This solution has been posted many places on the web including in this Photoshop forum. If you could not find that you need to learn how to search better. Here is one from 2015

Re: Issues with the Surface Pro 3's pen in Photoshop CS6

Where I found the solution

Hack makes Photoshop and Illustrator readable on Surface Pro — Surface Pro Artist

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did search

this was from a couple weeks ago

Jan 2018 update - UI scaling

i am trying and very frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A single search often will not find what your look for your search was too specific and other describe the problem differently. High resolution Display UI size did not become a problem with the release of Photoshop CC 2018.  Problem being able to use Application UI started in 2001 when  IBM marked the first high resolution displays the IBM T221 22" 16:10 aspect ratio that displayed 3840x2400pixels 202DPI 9.2MP.  It was not much of a problem for the in 2001 the display cost $20,000 and required special display adapter.   Not a big seller.....  Now in 2018 there is a solution took 17 years.....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i bought windows 10 and photoshop interface is still auto 100% 200%. who wants to make me feel stupid now and help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Windows 10 updated to the fall creator edition, user interface scaling is set in Windows not in Photoshop preferences. Those preference settings are for older versions of Windows.

Go to Windows > Settings > System >Display> Scale and Layout. Photoshop will pick up those settings and scale accordingly.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on Windows 11 but with Illustrator, and no, Illustrator doesn't pick up the scale&layout settings in Windows. Tried multiple times. It's driving me nuts, I can't get work done. If there is ANY solution I would greatly appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sarahmn may I suggest you start a new thread on the Illustrator forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines