• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer help! Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 18.25.22.png

I downloaded this brochure mockup today - but I can't seem to figure out why the turning page isn't showing the design layer. As you can see from the layers panel, I have imported both designs into layers A and D. However B and C are not smart object layers. I would like the middle turning page to have a different design on either side, but I can't work out how to do this! I'm getting really frustrated with myself!

Also, what does 'click & update' on the two green layers? Do I need to edit those layers so show designs (how?).

Thank you

Kelly

Running MacBook Pro 2012 Version 10.13.2

Adobe Creative Suite CS6 Photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are showing a frame 8 in a Frame animation.  The layers that are visible in the layers palette create that frames composite. So check the layer which to see which layer are set visible for that frame, You need to scroll the layers palette to see if other layers need to be made visible  You have two layer targeted in the layers palette neither is visible in frame 8.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes all correct layers are visible. Layers B and C never appear in the page turning animation. What does the click & update layers mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So  layers A B C and D you do not want visible in frame 8 so what is wrong with frame 8?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No nothings one with frame 8 in particular, layers B and C do not appear on any frames, and I’m trying to figure out why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see that in the layer palette that layers A,B,C and D visibility is off in frame 8. They should not show in Frame 8 and you write they do not show so what is wrong? In the frames you want them visible you need to turn their visibility on. Target the frame and turn the layers visibility on in the layers palette,     The frame's content will be generate using the visible layers stack composite additionaly you can move layers positions.  This frame animation as two layers and the layers are visible in all frames.

CloudLogo2.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines