• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File appears to be from a camera model not supported [Unable to open Canon 6D II Raw files in PSE 12]

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new camera, a Canon 6D Mark II.  When I attempt to open a RAW image in Photoshop, I receive the following error message; File appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of camera RAW.

I am using Elements 12.  My new camera and 100mm macro lens cost me an arm and a leg, please don't tell me I now need to upgrade my version of Photoshop.  Is there some setting I need to change, or something I can download in order to open my RAW images?

Thank you,

Steven

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steven

If you don't wish to upgrade to PSE 2018, you could convert CR2 files to Adobe raw (DNG)

DNG Converter is free. You can batch convert a whole folder of CR2 images into DNG without any loss of quality and the dng files will be backward compatible with your PSE12 software.

Get the latest DNG Converter Mac  | Win

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines