• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 5 - It's a wrap!

Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Doesn't Friday come around quickly?  I've gone for a bit of a technical challenge for this weekend which will hopefully bring out the graphic artists as well as the photo manipulators.

Vehicle wrapping is becoming very popular these days with cars, vans and lorries getting the treatment. The wraps range from simple changes in colour or gloss to clever graphics and full blown images. So the challenge this weekend is:

Take the Lamborghini Gallardo supercar below, which I snapped at a track day in Yorkshire, England. Give it a wrap and move it to a new location to suit its new exterior. Unlike Trevor last week, who was too kind, I haven't provided the mask so it's a good opportunity for anyone new to practice with the pen tool. As Dag pointed out last week, if there is a bit of a story in your image it makes it even more interesting. Above all though - have fun.

As with previous weeks :

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

I've posted the image at reasonable resolution as it can help with composites. When posting back your edited images please downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below in full resolution, right click and Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW5-Vehicle-Wrap-Challenge-Feb2018.jpg

Enjoy.

Dave

(If you want to see last week's images they are in this thread : Something For the Weekend 4 )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'm not really sure if it's wrapped enough but here's my take on it.   Kind of a retro film feel to it.

Background is a borrowed image from Google images but it was listed under the use as you wish category.

Fun subject to play with. Thanks Dave !

wrap-challenge-wk5.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice start Jodi - I like that old, yellowed film look.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so we know what the royals are having for tea...

SFTW5Bpizza-at-the-palace.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a bunches Dave !!

Re: Your entry .... Love it !! I really like the color palette here. The ride looks awesome in white  and I like the wraps. Now I want to eat pizza with the queen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very nice Dave. Is this the influence of that lovely Meghan Markle on our royal family . Cheerleaders will be changing the guard at Buckingham Palace next. Not many people know those Coldstream Guards in the background are members of the 'Chippendales' and Buckingham Palace is a council house-which I suppose it actually is.

Any significance to the number plate Dave? or am I missing something lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens 

Any significance to the number plate Dave? or am I missing something lol

P122A

PIZZA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Bob now I feel incredibly dumb, but I am dyslexic. That Dave man is too smart for his own good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the license plate number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow Jodi you're good at this, without being patronising that's seriously well executed. I really like the idea of the Adobe decals, perhaps it will inspire Adobe to sponsor Fernando Alonso at Le Mans in June, if his brake failure at Daytona last weekend hasn't put him off. Me thinks that entry will take a lot of beating this week lol Dave hasn't said yet but the winner gets the car -it's only Mrs Dave's run-around for going down to the supermarket in. Sainsbury's doesn't mind you doing 200mph in the car park lol 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg Terri your comment made me laugh !! Imagine that... the prize is the car... ha ha... Dave's wife's car no less. Too good !!

But ya know you aren't even allowed to put miles on these fancy cars otherwise their value drops. I mean what's the point in having a car ya can't drive ?? Unless of course ya buy 2 and leave one in the garage to sit all by its lonesome while you rack up the miles on the other !   But carrying on... thanks so much for your awesome words. I'm glad you like it. By the way... ain't nothing wrong with being dyslexic ... I proudly wear that twisted inside out badge !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

............Dave hasn't said yet but the winner gets the car .....................

Now just hold on there...I think I'd better explain just what this car is.....

SFTW5Monopoly.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not pass Go; Do not collect $200! This is great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so so cool Dave !!  Everyone is gonna want the car game piece ! Love it !! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens   wrote

............Dave hasn't said yet but the winner gets the car .....................

Now just hold on there...I think I'd better explain just what this car is.....

SFTW5Monopoly.jpg

Dave

Woah. Way too clever Dave, and it looks totally real.  If that is a Monopoly board, I assume that the car is on Mayfair or Park Lane?

[EDIT]  Just had a wee look and I see there are several versions of Monopoly board, but if it is the Brit version, the car is indeed on Mayfair.   The tragedy is that when it passes Go and gets £200 that is going to be pocket change for a Lambo owner.

A note about my space theme..  It actually got my system into lagging, and the GPU keeps dropping out!  A restart has got it enabled again, but it is a pain to use right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor

It would have been on Mayfair on the classic UK version. The board in the photograph is Monopoly Millionaire which we used when my daughter was younger (it's a bit quicker being aimed at younger children). So the space is Paradise Island.

I couldn't find the classic board so just used that version.  I had to take a couple of attempts at photographing it to get the perspective to look right with the car though.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nicely done then.  I think most people would over-light a scene like that, but you have got the mood just right.  Did you use a proper camera?  I had to replace my iPhone 5S a couple of weeks ago, and now have an 8 Plus.  The camera is pretty clever, but I have not worked out how to do close ups with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Trevor. It was my old Canon 5D with a 24-70 f2.8 and a couple of flashguns. One on the camera aimed at the ceiling and one of to the right aimed directly at the board, trying to get the same angle as the sun on the car.

I thought about modelling it in 3D but it was quicker just to grab the board and photograph it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

A note about my space theme..  It actually got my system into lagging, and the GPU keeps dropping out!  A restart has got it enabled again, but it is a pain to use right now.

Still no sign of the new system Trevor?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Still no sign of the new system Trevor?

Dave

They tried to start it last week (Thursday) and got a zero zero error and no post.  That means either a dead motherboard, and or CPU.  One of the forum threads I found said that they had the same error which turned out to be the motherboard, but that whatever was wrong with it fried the CPU as well.  It's hassle like that that was a factor in my getting it built for me — plus my eyesight is not flash and I struggle to see what I am doing.  They will hopefully get the replacement motherboard today, although it is midday here and there are no emails from them.  It's Waitangi Day tomorrow and a public holiday, so if not today it will be Wednesday.  If the CPU is dead then I'll be lucky to see it next week! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodi, I love your Adobe car—maybe it will be the next giveaway at MAX?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha ! That would be nice eh ?  Thanks so much Jane !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the old film look is great! @Jodi_Frye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Cherlita !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunny down under!

Adobe1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines