• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to scale or resize my workspace?

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my new Dell XPS 15, my workspace is tiny. Text, photos and other items are much smaller than they should be. 16px text appears to be 14px, and shapes, images or other objects also appear to be much smaller than normal at 100% zoom.

Here is the difference on my web browser vs. on Photoshop.
Comparison.png

In this case, I am using the font "Arial Regular" with the size of 14px in both Photoshop and the browser. Notice the difference.
Comparison fonts.png

I could be wrong, but this is what I am thinking is the issue.

Windows 10 on my XPS 15 perfectly scales texts, apps, and other items to 125% by default. This makes everything easier to use and to appear "normal", as they do on any other device I use. I believe that Photoshop's UI is being scaled to 125%, as it should, but it's workspace is still at 100%, disregarding my system display settings.

Regardless, how do I change this? I use Photoshop for web design and I just cannot deal with the tiny text and tiny items when Im trying to create accurate designs for a web application.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

The user that was having a blured text problem found out that their problem was related to their Windows Clear Type setting...

photoshop-menu-fonts-blurry-compare.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You are misunderstanding 100% zoom in Photoshop.

At 100% zoom, Photoshop maps 1 image pixel exactly to 1 screen pixel. It does not scale at all. It has to be that way for accuracy - all scaling introduces scaling artifacts.

If you want a larger image on screen then you will need to zoom in further.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zooming in 125% or even 150% doesn't make it appear like it should and makes everything blurry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Windows and which version of Photoshop are you using?

The difference between  Adobe cc 2017 2XUI scaling an windows scaling is windows scaling scales the image areas as well as the Photoshops UI

Adobe UI scaling now works correctly in CC 2018 run one Windows 10 Creator's Edition.

AdobeVsWindows.jpg

Windows High-Density Monitor Support

With this release, Photoshop CC 2018 version 19.1 on Windows 10 Creator’s Edition now offers a full range of choices for UI scale factors from 100% through 400%, in 25% increments. This means that the Photoshop user interface will look crisp, beautiful, and the right size no matter the density of your monitor. Photoshop will now automatically adjust itself based on your Windows settings, making it simple to set up.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 version: 10.0.16299 and I have Photoshop CC 2018. I just downloaded Photoshop from Creative Cloud onto my new Dell XPS 15 a few days ago. So it should be very up to date.

And yes. That is exactly what I need, JJMack! How did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have updated  CC 2018 to version 19.1 your Widows Display's setting should the be automatically used by Adobe CC 2018.1.  The UI Scaling preference is meaningless it was just not removed from the preferences settings.

Make sure you not overrining Application handles scaling

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.0 20180116.r.238 2018/01/16: 1153018  x64

I checked, I am not overriding the application scaling.

Still the same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have Windows 10 Home. I've never heard of Creators Edition. If that matters or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does winver show?  verson  1709 build 16299.192? In the past did you add a manifest file for photoshop if you did remove it.

pastedImage_0.png

]

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have version 1709, an no, I have not downloaded a manifest file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is you windows display settings are the set to run your display at its native resolution like recommended and scale what is displayed? Can you post a screen capture of your Photoshop problem and your windows display settings.  There is someone else complaining about blurred text.  I do not see that one my surface pro 3's 216dpi display 2160x1440 scaled 150%  or my 185DPI 3840x2160 4K display scaled 175%.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

layout.png

And earlier you posted images of your UI being scaled in increments? How did you do that? I just need to increase up one or two increments of 25% to get a "normal" workspace. Right now it's tiny.

I posted images of my Photoshop problem in my original question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does the text look if scale is set to 100% not scaled its native resolution is it small and sharp?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see any problem with what you posted. Your Photoshop UI elements looked great and the text in the image I have no way of knowing at what zoom level you have the image at its been cut off.  Photoshop only displays you image's actual image pixels zommed to 100% all other zoom levels you looking at a quickle scaled version of you image. What size the font is or the resolution of the document.  Text in an image is not a ui element and the quality of the text is relative to the documents resolution.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a letter size 8.5" x 11" document 300DPI add some 12pt text then display the document zoomed to 100%

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the 4k 15" Dell try 3x 300%  it should make the UI scale the 288DPI display to 96DPI and not be blured.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The user that was having a blured text problem found out that their problem was related to their Windows Clear Type setting...

photoshop-menu-fonts-blurry-compare.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines