• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC camera is not working on PNG exportation...

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export a scene to an image sequence of PNGS.

When I export to a video file, the camera movements are completely visible. However when I attempt to export to an image sequence the camera movement isn't present at all.

I had this problem with a june or july 2017 update but then it was fixed on the next update. But now the bug is back!

Please, somebody has to fix this because i'm working on a TV commercial and i need to deliver it to our client!!

TKS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

The video output of Animate CC has no compression, as far as I know.

So send this video to Adobe Media Encoder or any other video tool and export as a sequence of PNGs from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video output of Animate CC has no compression, as far as I know.

So send this video to Adobe Media Encoder or any other video tool and export as a sequence of PNGs from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem when exporting in Animate CC to a PNG sequence.

I can't seem to figure out what you mean with "the video output of Animate CC has no compression".

Exporting to MOV seems to have no problems with the camera movements... I can't think of any reason why this should be a problem when exporting the same animate CC file to a PNG sequence.

Sending the MOV file to Media Encoder and export it there to PNG is a workaround but it slows down my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera is controlled by code, and so doesn't do anything if you're exporting an image sequence.

The MOV is using Apple's Animation codec, which is a lossless compressor. The option to generate an alpha instead of the stage color works too, you could export the MOV with an alpha, then in Media Encoder export the PNG sequence, with each image having an alpha too.

What is your reason for making a PNG sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an animater (both 2d and 3d) i always work with sequences of frames rather then with parts of movies. Its the way i have been working the past 20 years.

I do wonder how difficult it would be for adobe to just let the animation be exported from the canvas as it is to a png sequence. I see the camera animation clearly on the screen... so a frame by frame export of that shouldnt be all that much to ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The UI is also doing whatever code is needed to make you see that. I feel sure that it's on the list of features the Animate team would like to do though, I mean, it should be able to reuse the export to video code, only save stills instead of of a video file.

What do you do with the image sequence, once you have one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The camera movements are not showing in either PNG export and VIDEO export.
PNG sequences are a great way of exporting sequences with transparancy that can be used in aftereffects for post.

The camera movement is showing when I play it on screen. But there is no way I can export it from 18.0.2 build 126
The layers seem to offset different as seen on screen @ export on some objects as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines