Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Ideas

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

can you update your ADOBE IDEAS application to iOS 11?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Hi there,

A new version of Adobe Ideas called as Adobe Illustrator Draw is available on iOS11

See our blog post here - Adobe Ideas: A New Name, A New Look, A New App | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

^Ani

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests or bug reports

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

A new version of Adobe Ideas called as Adobe Illustrator Draw is available on iOS11

See our blog post here - Adobe Ideas: A New Name, A New Look, A New App | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

^Ani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear adobe, sorry to say, but adobe ideas was ways better.

it had a super simple and perfectly limited toolbox

and by sending docs out via email i had a pdf version, which i could easily work further on via illustrator, as it was all lines and could be cleaned. whereas adobe draw leaves me with a bunch of unedible fields of color.in the recent months i tried several alternatives, but ideas was — for my needs — always the best.

please: why not update to ios11?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FrankT.

Although I know Adobe Ideas had a lot of devoted fans, since it's been over three years since we stopped development of it, I can say with some certainty that the app will not be updated for iOS 11.

But about saving drawings as PDFs.... That's possible in Draw for iOS. Have you tried saving a PDF in Draw? Please let me know if you have any trouble finding that feature.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sue,

yes i know, that i can open documents created in adobe draw and saved as a pdf in illustrator again. But then all lines i have drawn are presented as outlines and therefore no longer editable in illustrator. Whereas lines drawn in Adobe Ideas have been fully editable in Illustrator. This is a feature i am thoroughly missing with Adobe Draw.

Are you planning to further implement this feature in Adobe Draw?

Thank you for your time

Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Tina.

My understanding is that Adobe Ideas, like Adobe Draw, was based on the blob brush in Illustrator so it handled strokes the same way as Draw (as fills as opposed to single strokes). I think what's changed is the ability to edit them in Ai (there used to be some workarounds for editing the strokes but there aren't any longer).

That said, the team is definitely considering a change to the way Draw handles strokes so it's possible that down the road the strokes will be easier to edit in the desktop apps.

I know that's not much of an answer, but I don't know much more than that right now.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I could not open my adobe idea app after i updated my ipad, it shows that i need to be updated it to work with iOS 11. However, the adobe ideas add is not in app store anymore, how can i open my adobe ideas? because i have a lot of saving drawing in my adobe ideas,please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi SkyB.

We haven't supported or worked on or updated Adobe Ideas for over three years. Although the app is no longer opening on your iPad, you should be able to recover your work with the following steps:

01 Back up your iPad to your desktop machine using iTunes.

02 Browse to https://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/tutorials/how-to-browse-backups-on-iphone on your desktop, and follow the directions there to get access to the backed up files. (Downloading and installing the iExplorer app on your desktop is one of the steps.)

03 Export the folder associated with the Ideas app (which should show up as "App - com.adobe.ideas.ipad" in the iExplorer window), so you can access the files through your desktop file browser.

04 In your desktop file browser, navigate to "App - com.adobe.ideas.ipad/Library/Private Documents/documents/sync/files."

05 Take any of the .idea files in that directory that you want to retrieve and upload them to your Creative Cloud account, either through a web browser or through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app.

To import the .idea files back into Draw:

01 Launch Draw. Open the settings panel and tap on "Import Ideas Files". Then, tap on the import option desired. You can either import all the .idea files or pick and choose which files to import.

I hope you're successful at recovering your work.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines