Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing in Lightroom...again

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am testing lightroom CC (not classic) as the package seems to have everything I need - bit of editing, storage, seamless across devices etc

But no decent resize facility...

I have read through a number of posts on the subject...it is a bit confusing as some answers say select file/export...but that doesn't exist and others say choose long side / short side....that doesn't exist either. Maybe some posts are confusing between Lightroom CC and Classic....

I do think a decent resize feature is needed, even if it is export only and not to save to the actual file.  The package is perfect for social media photos / blogs but is kinda useless without resizing and the full photography package with both LR's and photoshop is overkill for what me, and others like me need

The tagline for the product reads as

The complete photo service for editing, organizing,

storing, and sharing -- from anywhere.

It isn't really complete editing service without resizing...is it?  Go on Adobe, make this package perfect!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Lightroom Classic used to be called Lightroom CC 2015 so all the online material you can find for Lightroom CC refers to the classic version of Lightroom. That is a really bad naming decision of Adobe to name this completely new product the same name as another product. Causes a lot of confusion as you have experienced. Indeed Classic has the easy ability to resize upon export but Lightroom CC (the new one) has this ability too. What you do is to go into Save To. Select jpeg and in the size fiel

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic used to be called Lightroom CC 2015 so all the online material you can find for Lightroom CC refers to the classic version of Lightroom. That is a really bad naming decision of Adobe to name this completely new product the same name as another product. Causes a lot of confusion as you have experienced. Indeed Classic has the easy ability to resize upon export but Lightroom CC (the new one) has this ability too. What you do is to go into Save To. Select jpeg and in the size field, select "Custom". Then select the size of the long edge of your image you want to export at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The naming decision wasn't a good one, finding tutorials when you are new to it all is pretty tricky

I realised I was trying to use the save as to resize and crop in one go. Now I found the crop tool, I can use the save dialog to get the right result, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines