• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customer Service complaint - Photoshop crashing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using photoshop since 1993.  Tonight I did a text chat with one of your employees because photoshop has been crashing constantly the past few days and it has seriously impacted my ability to work (I am a comic book artist).

I saved screens shots of the chat. After saying I wasn’t going to give the person control of my computer, they didn’t respond for a while and then shut the chat down without giving me any help.

I am really angry about this. Is this how Adobe treats it’s loyal customers? And I still have no idea why PS is crashing so much.

Stuart Chaifetz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you ask a question you need to provide some basic information

-Forum quick start https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5601

Mac or Windows, and EXACTLY which version of the operating system?

Recent Mac AND Windows operating systems have been known to cause "odd" problems

Are you using a computer Administrator account with full read/write permission?

Exactly which version of the program do you have that is causing problems, and what error message do you see?

Also, this is a public forum, not Adobe support... if you have CS6 or earlier, Adobe no longer provides support

Post the details and someone might be able to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the latest version of Photoshop CC and MAC Sierra.  There's no error message, it just crashes. When it crashed during the text chat with the employee, I sent in a crash report and it said Adobe couldn't find any solutions.

Everything was fine up to a few days ago when this happened with no rhyme or reason. I even zeroed out my computer and reinstalled then OS because I thought it was a computer problem, but then it happened again afterwards.

The reason I posted here was to complain about that employee. And it looks like I'll have to find my own solution to this as Abode doesn't have any quality control over their employees.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from CS6 & earlier Creative Suites to program forum... Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are being a little harsh on the employee Stuart, although I can understand your frustration. Diagnosing the cause of a crash can be extremely difficult without having access to the computer and you have refused that- what more can he do?

Try starting Photoshop with the 'shift' key depressed to prevent third party plugins from loading. You don't say how frequent these crashes are, but give it a bit of time without filters. If CC2018 is stable that will mean one of your filters needs to be disabled. Another thing to try is disabling the graphics processor in your preferences. You could also try resetting your preferences as they can sometimes without reason get corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuart, you may get more help on this friendly user-to-user forum than Adobe support, but you must provide the details that have been requested, for example stating "the Latest version" – we often find people say that then we find they don't the latest version, which is 19.0.1. Have you reset your preferences, which you can find under the General Tab in Photoshop preferences and disabling you graphic processor as Terri suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We might be using different systems, but on the MAC the latest is 19.1.0, which is what I have.  Everything was reset after rI zeroed out my computer.

After some experimenting, PS crashes after using the "L" key for the lasso tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out this is a real problem:  Crash when using L key | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Just think, if Adobe's customer service wasn't so god-awful, they could have told me this instead of acting as they did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines