• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using tools coming from Camera Raw to Photo shop

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When taking a file from Camera Raw to Photoshop and creating a smart object(I also tried with duplicating a layer) photo shop will not allow me to use several tools such as patch tool and to use the fill tool.  There must be a way of doing this so to edit  in a non destructive manner other  than rasterizing or flattening the file???

I am very new at this and having problems with this.  thank you  Mr. H

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if you hold down the Shift key to open the image from ACR to Photoshop, it will open as a Smart Object.  You can then double click to open it up in ACR again with all functions working.  I have to say that I never bother doing this myself.

[EDIT]  FYI  I marked your post as a Question.  That is the default when starting a new thread, so you might have turned it off without realizing.  We also like to make threads with a Correct answer when one arises as it saves people having to open the thread if it is already answered.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum btw.  Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like.  The people here never get tired of answering them. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A new blank layer can be used as the destination for some tools, such as Clone Stamp. Unfortunately, others, like Patch, you cannot. In that case, new SO via copy and rasterize, then use the Patch tool. If you could use the Patch tool to a new blank layer, the edits would still be "destructive" in the sense that they won't take new form if the SO is edited.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines