• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition CC 2018 Crashes way too much

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but the new Audition CC 2018 crashes WAY too much. Normally I back up redundantly throughout a session. But this time I was in too much of a hurry and when it crashed my session I lost about 10 steps of a promo I was working on. It seems especially vulnerable to crashes when I am moving quickly. Almost like it can't keep up. I have to be super careful that I stop playback before clicking on "apply" or it'll crash on me - something I never had to worry about with the previous version. If you have a fix in the plans, sooner would be better than later, please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Some information mentioned here would help: Audition Crashed.  Now what?

Are you using 2018 (11.0.0.x) or the recent patch (11.0.1.x)? The patch should crash less often than the previous, but there's a known issue with certain third-party VST3 plug-ins crashing in that patch (Audition update 11.0.1.49 problems). We're working on that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some information mentioned here would help: Audition Crashed.  Now what?

Are you using 2018 (11.0.0.x) or the recent patch (11.0.1.x)? The patch should crash less often than the previous, but there's a known issue with certain third-party VST3 plug-ins crashing in that patch (Audition update 11.0.1.49 problems). We're working on that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 11.0.0.199. It was installed on all our machines a couple of months ago. I don’t use any third party VSTS plugins. If you could provide the link to 11.0.1.x I will send it to our IT folks

Also, can you point me to the setting that allows me to play a highlighted section to the end then snaps back to the beginning when I hit the space bar?. Right now it only snaps back if the playback head is within the highlighted area. Once it reaches the end, hitting the spacebar again just continues the playback past the highlighted section. I remember this feature in the previous version, but I can’t seem to find it in CC 2018

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The not snapping of the playhead back to the start of the selection after stopping at the end is a known bug in v.11.0.0.199 release amongst others that appeared in that build. It has been fixed in the recent v.11.0.1.49 version. So you really need to get updated to the latest. Updates are normally handled by the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app.

Adobe Audition (version 11.0.1) update now available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been noticing this too. Simply adding items to the effects rack or moving them around will cause it to crash. I'll do the exact same thing with Audition 2017 and I don't have any problems.

Charles VW, I'll try the update, but I can't afford to waste time messing with unreliable software.

(EDIT/UPDATE: Ran update, moved item in the effects rack around, crashed immediately. This time a crash report box came up, so I sent it in.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue with the effect rack, especially with reverbs.

I too have a issue while editing an audio file without any FX activated the sound abruptly cuts or refuse to play.

If this can't be promptly solved, I will see elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I don't have any issues with the CC 2017 (version 10.1.1.11) If 2018 is giving you problems, it might be worth using an older version until they work things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still the same with the Jan. 23rd. CC2018 v.11.0.1.49? There have been a lot of bug fixes since the original v.11.0.0.199.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. Still the same with the latest Jan 23 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having problems with the latest Jan. 23rd. v,11.0.1 release you need to report it so that the developers know that it is still there in the updated version and/or report it as a bug. Audition Crashed. Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a "report to Adobe" dialogue box comes up I always type in what I am doing and hit send, but I don't have a lot of time/energy/or patience to do much more than that.

(I realize this isn't helpful for the dev team, but I don't have a lot of time or patience for the trial and error testing with some of these crashes. Last time I contacted adobe support about it, they told me the .wav file I was using was the problem. It's just a lot more efficient use of time for me to swap back to an older reliable variant and get my job done.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mrbobdobolina  wrote

If a "report to Adobe" dialogue box comes up I always type in what I am doing and hit send

Thank you for this. I'm more likely to look at crash reports if they have extra information and email addresses (I do sometimes contact customers through this).

mrbobdobolina  wrote

(I realize this isn't helpful for the dev team, but I don't have a lot of time or patience for the trial and error testing with some of these crashes.

What you're doing is useful, but if the crash reporter is the only mechanism, it will likely only get addressed if the crash is being experienced by many users (crash reports automatically get grouped with similar ones). Getting the email to audbugs@adobe.com with a contactable person attached to it can sometimes move things to the front of the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this info. I will try to be better about reporting things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updated to 2018, what a nightmare. crashes a lot. Just reinstalled 2017. <sigh>, so much for waiting for it to work before installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not everybody is suffering from crashes like you are with AA CC2018. Did you try the very latest v. 11.1.1.3? Have you followed the advice above from the FAQ and posted the results to Adobe so that they can diagnose your particular problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine has been crashing too, however, my record to arm always disappears and it takes forever (45 minutes or more) of resetting audio hardware, restarting app, restarting audio hardware, restarting the laptop etc HELP!! I have work to do and can’t get it done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/%23godsgotthis+matt+crump  wrote

Mine has been crashing too, however, my record to arm always disappears and it takes forever (45 minutes or more) of resetting audio hardware, restarting app, restarting audio hardware, restarting the laptop etc HELP!! I have work to do and can’t get it done.

Can you please provide more info (Audition Crashed.  Now what?)? Basic information like which OS you're on, what audio hardware you're using, which specific Audition version and build you're using would all be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I had to switch PC's..AU has alotta bugs if U ask me! Windows updates do not help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe audition cc 2018 crashes system                    _ windows stop code uncontrollable error

I believe it had something to do with ram timings that helped the last issue I had in using PREMIER on the current custom built station for my business.

Will try again with Audition and premier on this current update

Asus prime x299

64G 3200 Ram

windows 10

Quad p5000

intel i9 7960x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By changing voltage to 1200 cpu and raising the frequency to 3000 has allowed me to use Audition fully stable. I would say its power for this error. I read about Adobe and its power needs somewhere to fix exporting in Media Encoder. This has fixed the issue twice across applications.

Best of luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is rather unusual. Generally Audition is not at all power hungry and will even run on any fairly lowly specced laptop. Although it is not my main audio PC I often use Audition on an old laptop with a dual core CPU and only 4GB RAM with no problems. Some of the reverb effects can be a bit power hungry if you try to use a lot of them on many tracks in real time in the Multitrack view. But for normal editing I have never had a crash with any of the recent versions of Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for Adobe audition crashing all of the time short of purchasing Steinberg Wavelab or going back to Audacity?  I mostly use Audition for stereo wave editing but lately its getting too unstable, even with latest updates.  It is especially crash prone when using VST effects.  I only use VST3s. Are VST2 effects more reliable?

I regularly use Steinberg Cubase with a zillion tracks and effects with much more stable performance.

I saw a reply about changing cpu voltage and ram timing but that seems pretty extreme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide more info (Audition Crashed.  Now what?)? Basic information like which OS you're on, what audio hardware you're using, which specific Audition version and build you're using would all be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 64 bit

32 GB Ram

i7-5820k 3.3GHz 6 core

RME UCX audio interface  latency 400ms (almost the highest)  48 khz sample rate

Adobe Audition CC 2018 build 11.1.3 (I've used many previous versions, seems to be getting more failure prone lately)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Can you also please send the crash logs to audbugs@adobe.com (instructions here: Audition Crashed. Now what? )? We'll likely ask you for more info on your specific crash which might be different than the others reported here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines