• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Render Video to DPX Presets

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a film in Photoshop and After Effects. The film was scanned from 16mm to 2K, which is 2048 pixels wide; if this were a widescreen aspect the height would be 1152, but since this is the full frame 1.37 aspect, the height is taller at 1496. I'm in CC 2017, all apps.

Until recently, Render Video to DPX from Photoshop would take the dimensions from the source. Now, if you try to render to DPX, it offers Adobe Media Encoder presets, which only have the 2048x1152 option, which is too short for my film. There is no capacity to create a new preset on the Photoshop side, and the new preset that I created in AME does not show in Photoshop.

Currently, my workaround is to render a Photoshop frame sequence to Cineon, which has fewer features but provides the same 10-bit log colorspace. While I'm working internally, it's okay, but when I get to providing deliverables at the end it's going to be an issue. I can launder these files through After Effects to get DPX, but it's a workaround.

Is there anyway to get back the prior functionality? I rolled back Photoshop, but the problem seems to be coming from AME, which isn't providing me with a rollback option in the CC menu. Is this slated to be restored? Is there some way I can get Photoshop's Render Video dialog to see my custom AME presets?

TIA,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Only a subset of Adobe media encoder is installed with Photoshop and a limined number of Presets and with what is installed you can not create additional presets as far as I know.  DPX only has three preset frame sizes two are 16:9 and one is 2:1 aspect ratio.  With H.264 instead of  DPX you can set the frame size you want.

If you have Adobe Media encoder installed abd created the DPX preset you want to try copying the preset file int  Photoshop DPX Video Presets folder

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only a subset of Adobe media encoder is installed with Photoshop and a limined number of Presets and with what is installed you can not create additional presets as far as I know.  DPX only has three preset frame sizes two are 16:9 and one is 2:1 aspect ratio.  With H.264 instead of  DPX you can set the frame size you want.

If you have Adobe Media encoder installed abd created the DPX preset you want to try copying the preset file int  Photoshop DPX Video Presets folder

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sir. The copy of the setting worked, there is now a 2048x1496 16mm DPX option! Not sure why Photoshop needs its own AME settings, nor why users must do this "manually," but it's working, and I know how now.

I was able to find the setting that I had saved by searching for the name I gave it, but the path (at least on the Mac) of that directory is:

~/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/11.0/Presets

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most likely because Photoshop is not useing the Adobe Media Encoder it using a subset of the product included in Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one JJMack.

I didn't realise you could copy additional presets across. Good to know

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines