• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sign document YOURSELF before sending to recipient??

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see this option anywhere. How can I prefill a form, sign it, and then email the form to be signed from Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on Windows 10?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Hi Holdenl,

I see that you have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC subscription.

It seems that you are using the Fill & Sign option in Adobe Acrobat DC. Once you sign the PDF using that option in Acrobat DC, then you cannot make any changes to PDF.

Open PDF that you need to send and select "Send for Signature" tool.

Then add your email address in the "TO" field and then the other email address to whom you have to send after filling the form.

Once done, click on next at the bottom. Now add the form fields to the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Holdenl,

If you need to sign the document yourself in Adobe Sign account, you can use the Fill & Sign option s show below in the screenshot

Take help of the steps mentioned here: Adobe Sign - Fill & Sign

Once you add the signature to the document, you will get an option to "Send a copy" or "Download a copy"

You can use either of the options.

On selecting "Send a copy", the document will be sent to the recipient as an attachment from your Adobe Sing account.

They can download the form and sing it using the Adobe Acrobat DC.

If you select the "Download a copy", then you can manually send the document from your email account as an attachment.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option doesn't work for me.

Once I sign a document, it becomes uneditable. I want to fill the form I've prepared so that absolutely 0 omissions are made, then sign, then send for a signature. By using the fill and sign method, I can't have a form sent out to be filled out by customers, nor can I use my form for my own use prior to signing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also to add, I don't want to use documents.adobe.com to upload everything I used. I want to do everything directly from the app I'm paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Holdenl,

I see that you have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC subscription.

It seems that you are using the Fill & Sign option in Adobe Acrobat DC. Once you sign the PDF using that option in Acrobat DC, then you cannot make any changes to PDF.

Open PDF that you need to send and select "Send for Signature" tool.

Then add your email address in the "TO" field and then the other email address to whom you have to send after filling the form.

Once done, click on next at the bottom. Now add the form fields to the form and assign the form fields to the signer.

Take help from here Assign form fields to recipients.

Once done, you will get an option "Sign, then Send" at the bottom right in the blue box.

Then you can fill the form and once done it will forward to another signer.

Let us know if you need any help or have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines