• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inadvertant delete from project manager

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2009 Jan 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was changing the name of a folder in project manager and must have inadvertantly hit delete. I knew it wasn't good when Robohelp froze up. I show the topics with the dreaded red X in the topic list and project manager but they don't show up in broken links. I have been unable to recover them. When I look at the topic links I see blue lines but clicking on view brings up a gray screen with <font face="Verdana. Am I out of luck or is there some hope of recovering them? If no luck of recovering them can I just delete the x'd out topics and create newones to take their place? (If they had a bummed out emoticon that's what I would post here.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Before hitting the panic button, check the recycle bin. You may be able to restore from there. If you are able to restore the files, you may still need to add them back into RoboHelp. But let's see how far you get with this.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not see the files in the recycle bin. Why doesn't a robocop provide some sort of an abort button, considering rename and delete are so close together?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm back in business although my stomach is still in total knots. I knew the topics were still in the project because I could still see them in the project folder in my C:\ drive. The topics I could see had somehow changed all capitals to lower case in the file name. I clicked on the folder it (apparently) came from and imported the file with the lowercase file name. I reattached the links and confirmed they worked. I saved the project and then I deleted the topics with the red x's from my project manager. Hopefully that wasn't a no-no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I wonder, if while renaming a folder in project manager, does hitting delete, delete the folder instead of the word intended for deletion? I swear that has to be what happened. One minute I'm happy as a clam ready to delete one word from my folder and the next minute I'm in the depths of despair trying to figure out what the heck just happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I just published and the links in question are working as expected. If you have any additional comments or advice feel free to share them. Thanks for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp