Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot Removal tool malfunctioning

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[I am using Lightroom Classic CC 7.1]

The Spot Removal tool is usually pretty clutch. One one particular photo I am working on tonight, the tool is not working but ONLY on one particular spot (Photo 1).

SPOT_REMOVAL_01.jpg

I did a random spot removal on another area of the photo and it works fine (Photo 2).

SPOT_REMOVAL_02.jpg

I have never seen this issue in all my years in Lightroom and I have no clue what is going on. This tool always works awesome, even on bigger spots. Any thoughts?...

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

My dumbass had a random radial filter synced from another photo that appeared to be a spot lol. False alarm.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen such a issue before.

Do you have tried the same after you have restart Lightroom and/or the whole computer?

Do you have tried to deactivte the GPU support?

Do you have tried t ouse the "Heal" option instread of "Clone"?

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarted Lightroom twice, no change. I'll try the GPU thing when I get back to my comp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I tried Clone, Heal, change Opacity, Feather, basically all the sliders in that tool. Only seems to affect that one spot on the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My dumbass had a random radial filter synced from another photo that appeared to be a spot lol. False alarm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I think this just happend to me as well...I had two radial spots on all my photos...I finally reset the photos (had to do each one individually for some reason).  I had a filter applied to them all upon import (which I always do), but I can't figure out how these two spots were copied onto each photo?  Could you explain how this happened?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines