Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2018 Unresponsive After Update

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Photoshop 2018 on Windows 10 and I've updated it to the latest version 19.0.1 yesterday, but after that Photoshop became very unresponsive and I can't really do anything. It launches Photoshop just fine, but when it's done launching the mouse cursor keeps showing and blinking the spinner. I'm able to open files, but I can't pan the canvas anymore and the editing tools aren't working either.

It looks like it's trying to load something, but it gets stuck in this endless cycle. I tried disabling Graphics Processor, but no luck. I don't have any previous versions of Photoshop installed either.

Anyone know what wrong with it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Seems like they fixed the problem in the latest 19.1.2 version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the task manager show anything is hogging a resource.  Have you tried resetting your Photoshop Preferences.  If you have third Party plug-ins start PS with the shift key pressed and skip loading plugins?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Nothing is hogging a resource in the task manager. I just tried resetting the Photoshop Preferences and tried launching PS without loading the plugins, but it's still unresponsive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install CC 2014 see how that version works.  CC 2014 is my go to version....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Photoshop 2018 (19.0.0) works fine on my end, but the latest 19.0.1 version doesn't work for some reason...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of bugs in 19.0

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like they fixed the problem in the latest 19.1.2 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good to hear.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines