• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove black frames around images in slideshow?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a slideshow in LR CC Classic (fully up to date, 7.1), some images have a black 'frame' around them. It looks to me very much as if it's a space filler. I have the feeling some images are smaller than others and the smaller ones have that black frame around them. And all of this relates only when viewing the slideshow in full screen mode. What's the solution?

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 8.35.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 8.34.40 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a setting in the Slideshow module. Stroke Border.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Stroke Border is actually the thin white line that goes around both images. In addition though there is the black part in the lower image...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then check the Background Color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Background Color is that light grey that is visible in both images. The black 'frame' only appears in some images, therefore it cannot be a setting, as that would apply to all images. In my understanding, at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't have an answer for you. I've tried everything I know of in the Slideshow module and can't duplicate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, it seems to be a tricky one. I didn't have the issue with LR 5... Thanks for trying to help though! I'll get the Adobe experts involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me like the one with the black frame is too small to fill the window. Is it possibly a low resolution image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Theresa+J  wrote

It looks to me like the one with the black frame is too small to fill the window. Is it possibly a low resolution image?

Theresa I thought the same thing and tested this on my system. Even with a small image, pixel Width & Height, no black frame was shown.

I thought it might be the OP had set a Background image that was all Black but I never tested that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Shoot Me​ a background image would fill the area that is now grey in the OPs screen capture. The black appears to be inside of the frame area of the image. That’s the curious part. I have never seen this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see that image outside of the Slideshow panel.

I suspect the black border is part of that image. I say this because I have tried everything I can think of and can't duplicate what the OP is showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. That's the only thing that would make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just solved the same issue by export all slides to 4000px and import again.

My files are ranging from 800px to 4300px and I've seen black frame problems both at editing and after exports.

I thought if I need a full hd slideshow at 1080p, I probably needed image size at 2000px at best?

Well, when the images are sized to 2000px, there were still few black frames and I noticed the image pan-zoom wasn't taking full territory.

Thus I tried 4000px and everything is running normal as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines