• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move artboard outside of canvas?

Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In one of my classes, my professor brought in a reference image, and then turned it into an artboard that he could place on the side of the canvas while painting. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. "Make artboard from layers" just resizes everything and gets rid of my canvas basically. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

Most videos I find online have you start out with an artboard document. They're highly focused on web design and whatnot, but that's not what I need. 😕

EDIT: I also ALWAYS get this "invalid numeric entry" message, stating that it must be between 1% and 32000%. It ALWAYS is between those two, I don't know why it's freaking out, but I have to click OK about 20-30 times before it stops doing that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure he created an artboard and didn't just open a separate window for the reference file? Did it look like this - two windows:

Or like this - two artboards, or something different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It ended up looking like this. Though creating two artboards looks like it would work as well, if I could get it to stop telling me my percentage is invalid.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using artboards the canvas automatically expands to encompass all artboards. Are you sure he didn't just make a second artboard?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines